Saddle Valentini Puffer And clowns??

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, l have a 32 gallon nano tank with two frostbite adult clowns. I was wondering if l could add a saddle valentini puffer?

ive read they are usually fine with fish but not inverts or corals. Just wondering if they could go together. No corals or inverts in this tank and it would only be the puffer and the two clowns

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, l have a 32 gallon nano tank with two frostbite adult clowns. I was wondering if l could add a saddle valentini puffer?

ive read they are usually fine with fish but not inverts or corals. Just wondering if they could go together. No corals or inverts in this tank and it would only be the puffer and the two clowns
They r not reef safe. It can also nip the fins of fish(those who have long fins). Clownfish should not be small as it will sometime try to harass them also. Also make small caves for clownfish for hiding.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They r not reef safe. It can also nip the fins of fish(those who have long fins). Clownfish should not be small as it will sometime try to harass them also. Also make small caves for clownfish for hiding.
Yeah I figured they nip at corals from research. I was planning on this tank being a FOWLR. The clowns are adults. Can I keep it with hermits and snails for a clean up crew? Ive seen some people say theirs eat those and others say theirs leave them alone.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had a larger tank it might be possible. I had a pair of percula clowns with a blue spotted Toby puffer however that was in a 180 gallon tank. Don’t underestimate the Tony puffers! I have a 7” orange shoulder tang with two nice round scars on his face from my blue spot.

ReefSkippy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Valentini Puffer in with a pair of clown fish, couple of different gobies, a mandarin, a variety of different corals and some trochus for over a year now. Model citizen, doesn't nip the fish or the corals...although she may have disappeared one or two hermit crabs .

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back