Saddleback stuck to powerhead

Spookyclemente

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came home and I found my saddleback stuck to my powerhead. I have been treating him for flukes and he stopped itching. He was fine about 6 hours ago but now after taking him off the power head he isn’t moving aloy and is kinda chillin. He is very skinny and I’m getting him to eat slowly but now with this I’m taking 10 steps back.
I have him in a recovery tank I made s fast as possible. What can I do to help him make it?

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came home and I found my saddleback stuck to my powerhead. I have been treating him for flukes and he stopped itching. He was fine about 6 hours ago but now after taking him off the power head he isn’t moving aloy and is kinda chillin. He is very skinny and I’m getting him to eat slowly but now with this I’m taking 10 steps back.
I have him in a recovery tank I made s fast as possible. What can I do to help him make it?
If the fish is so weak that it got stuck to the powerhead then you might not have much chance. Doubtful you have a vitamin B12 or Baytril syringe to boost it up, but you could maybe help by adding some methanlyne blue to help him absorb some O2 and sooth him a bit. Light flow and air......if you can get the fish to eat then you might be able to pull through. Wishing you the best of luck.

OP
OP
S

Spookyclemente

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish is so weak that it got stuck to the powerhead then you might not have much chance. Doubtful you have a vitamin B12 or Baytril syringe to boost it up, but you could maybe help by adding some methanlyne blue to help him absorb some O2 and sooth him a bit. Light flow and air......if you can get the fish to eat then you might be able to pull through. Wishing you the best of luc
he Is just kinda sitting in the box. Should I soak the food in garlic?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is this fish even able to eat? Sounds like its weakened and may be in a moribund state.
Are you able to provide a video under white lighting for at least 20 seconds.

OP
OP
S

Spookyclemente

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this fish even able to eat? Sounds like its weakened and may be in a moribund state.
Are you able to provide a video under white lighting for at least 20 seconds.
I’m doing everything I can this is one of my favorites she swims time to time

Attachments

• 69510312564__1D8B9AF7-55D0-41C6-B689-377C7CBF93AA.MOV
    1.1 MB

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m doing everything I can this is one of my favorites she swims time to time
Perfect video. Unfortunately this fish has some hemorrhaging and is moribund which is similar to a coma like stage and fish will or will not make it. As I often state in a situation like this- Hope for the best but expect the worse.
There is no medication that will turn a fish in this condition around - would be awesome.

OP
OP
S

Spookyclemente

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect video. Unfortunately this fish has some hemorrhaging and is moribund which is similar to a coma like stage and fish will or will not make it. As I often state in a situation like this- Hope for the best but expect the worse.
There is no medication that will turn a fish in this condition around - would be awesome.
Ugh that’s horrible to hear. Is there anything I can do to improve his chances? Will he except food?
could I put fine food in a tube and inject near his mouth to force feed in some way?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ugh that’s horrible to hear. Is there anything I can do to improve his chances? Will he except food?
could I put fine food in a tube and inject near his mouth to force feed in some way?
This fish is near comatose. You can try food but it may actually choke/stress him. As indicated, there is no medication that can be recommended. Stuck in a powerhead is perhaps the worse impact on the well being of any fish

OP
OP
S

Spookyclemente

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish is near comatose. You can try food but it may actually choke/stress him. As indicated, there is no medication that can be recommended. Stuck in a powerhead is perhaps the worse impact on the well being of any fish
Very upsetting to hear this. I have him right next to my skimmer to keep the water as clean as possible. He does little movements every once in a while.
I never knew fish can comatose. That’s crazy to me.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a scribbled mappa puffer behave the same way as you’re describing. He didn’t make it unfortunately. Best of luck to you maybe you get lucky and he pulls through !

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very upsetting to hear this. I have him right next to my skimmer to keep the water as clean as possible. He does little movements every once in a while.
I never knew fish can comatose. That’s crazy to me.
Its moribund and not comatose but similar to coma like condition

OP
OP
S

Spookyclemente

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a scribbled mappa puffer behave the same way as you’re describing. He didn’t make it unfortunately. Best of luck to you maybe you get lucky and he pulls through !
It’s just so sad cause he wasn’t there for long I don’t think. Just really sucks. And I have another one that is a picky eater and is in treatment for ick or flukes

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. He is just laying on his side breathing fast
Sorry to see. Yes, that fish is moribund, close to death. Two things may have happened - it may have gotten too thin, and just lost energy. It also may have had flukes so bad that when you treated it, the flukes all fell off, but that left holes in the skin and the fish either bled out or developed a skin infection. It may well be a combination of those factors.

You say there is another fish in the tank also being treated? We should concentrate on that fish to make sure it doesn't go the same way.

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back