Sadness....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd, maybe add more buffers paper. I am sure they don’t use plastic bubble wrap for cost and environmental reasons. I do agree they will take care of you. I have issues with timely delivery with USPS and both times they have taken care of me.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was sent via USPS, shipping was on time though!
I know most of my delivery people USPS, UPS, and FedEx (give them snacks and water because.. I order too many aquarium related items....) all of them are all amazing but sometimes we all have our bad days..

Copepods are vacuum sealed and the tops were screwed on afterwards. But still 2 jars and 1 oceanmagik were spilled (most likely Bc I had 8 items fighting each other in one insulated bag... hopefully they can add additional tape maybe around the lids/additional support between items next time.
The one jar that survived the trip ... is alive and well. Almost was tempted to literally dumb the spilled items into the sump but... Algaebarn customer service has been pretty awesome.. so we shall see next week.
E4E7CCD6-EF1A-45E1-A55A-E269276DD4EF.jpeg
Spilled pods would be no issue to still add to the tank. We just do not want any completely spoiled products to be added. I hope our agents were able to take care of this problem for you! ~Shaun K.

ling313

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 1 macro, some cerith snails, and an ocean magic from algae barn. Snails arrived sealed and alive. Ocean magic was fine. Macro looked good but the box was all wet. Don’t know if there was water in with the the macro but the jar was not sealed like the snails. Luckily everything arrived fine so I was happy.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spilled pods would be no issue to still add to the tank. We just do not want any completely spoiled products to be added. I hope our agents were able to take care of this problem for you! ~Shaun K.
Thanks Shaun! Waiting for my replacement shipment to arrive. The agent I chatted was very friendly :)
So far my experience with Algaebarn is great, hope the jars are tightened up this time. But these things do happen especially when there’s a ton of packages these days

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 1 macro, some cerith snails, and an ocean magic from algae barn. Snails arrived sealed and alive. Ocean magic was fine. Macro looked good but the box was all wet. Don’t know if there was water in with the the macro but the jar was not sealed like the snails. Luckily everything arrived fine so I was happy.
I haven’t had the pleasure to order a macro just yet.... still waiting for their chaeto to come in stock haha! At least I know Algaebarn will take care of of me if things are shipped poorly. They for sure got a repeat customer :)

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Shaun! Waiting for my replacement shipment to arrive. The agent I chatted was very friendly :)
So far my experience with Algaebarn is great, hope the jars are tightened up this time. But these things do happen especially when there’s a ton of packages these days
Awesome I am very happy to hear! ~Shaun K.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on replacement pods
Happiness :) Reef2reef did it! They shipped the replacement very well this time!
Added paper to prevent stuff from moving around! Yay thank you Algaebarn
0E87A47A-19E2-4852-91C7-5DC0276CB47C.jpeg

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on replacement pods
Happiness :) Reef2reef did it! They shipped the replacement very well this time!
Added paper to prevent stuff from moving around! Yay thank you Algaebarn
0E87A47A-19E2-4852-91C7-5DC0276CB47C.jpeg
That looks so much better. Whoever packed the first one must have been hung over. Definitely no care bear love on the first one.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks so much better. Whoever packed the first one must have been hung over. Definitely no care bear love on the first one.
Lol! That’s what I get for ordering it before a 3 day weekend.... people like to drink on a long weekend LOL!

Back