Safe base for attatching Aquascape

Exodias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Im new to the forums so sorry if I did not post this in the appropriate thread. I am about to begin aquascapping some dry rock I have tommorow and would like to be able to disperse some weight on a bigger base. I am looking for recomendations on a saltwater enviroment safe base to attach the rock to. Any advice is appreciated and thanks for your time.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your rock should be sitting firmly on the bottom glass of the aquarium. Sand should be added around the rock, after the fact. Doing it this way makes things nice and stable.

Brian R Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to build a rock frame structure, you can use paving stones and fiberglass rods. drill a hole in the paving stone, attach the fiberglass rod to the paving stone, then drill a hole through the rock and thread them onto the fiberglass rod. Search YouTube for Paletta LED experiment (part 1) for more info.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2" PVC couplings to place pressure points of the rocks on. They aren't so thick that they stick out of the sand(most of the time anyway) but aren't exactly short either. I've also used PVC floor drains and PVC pipe cut to size. Glass is thick enough to easily handle the weight of the rock. I use the PVC more for stability.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back