Safe to combine NFG powder,kanaplex, metroplex?

kevsqn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did just dosed these together this afternoon. and i just read they shouldnt be mixed together?
What should i do now?

Also, can swimming against powerhead flow symptom of brook? or is it just for velvet and flukes?

Last edited:

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've dosed things that shouldn't be mixed, a good-sized water change may be in order.

Swimming into a powerhead is most commonly a symptom of velvet, but could be found in any disease that affects the gills' ability to uptake oxygen. Pushing into that current provides some relief for the fish.

~Bruce

OP
OP
K

kevsqn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've dosed things that shouldn't be mixed, a good-sized water change may be in order.

Swimming into a powerhead is most commonly a symptom of velvet, but could be found in any disease that affects the gills' ability to uptake oxygen. Pushing into that current provides some relief for the fish.

~Bruce
I cant get to the tank until the next day. by then it will be 24 hours since i dosed kana,nfg,and metro.

kana and metro only stay in the water column for 24 hours right? so would i still be good not to do water change until the next day assuming the fishes are doing just fine? (Also: NFG says to do 25% water change every 24 hours.)

and after the 25% water change, ill just do NFG for 10 days. if the infection isnt going better, id do kana and metro.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is done in your DT or a tank that has a good amount of established live sand and rocks, then you are most likely fine as the antibiotics are quickly consumed by the live bacteria.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is done in your DT or a tank that has a good amount of established live sand and rocks, then you are most likely fine as the antibiotics are quickly consumed by the live bacteria.

+1 Dosing antibiotics into a DT pretty much renders them useless due to biofilm: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/qt-and-biofilm.292878/

However, you never want to dump too many meds on a fish all at once because the liver & kidneys must filter all these different medications. If its too much, it can damage both of those internal organs.

OP
OP
K

kevsqn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 Dosing antibiotics into a DT pretty much renders them useless due to biofilm: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/qt-and-biofilm.292878/

However, you never want to dump too many meds on a fish all at once because the liver & kidneys must filter all these different medications. If its too much, it can damage both of those internal organs.
Ive done a water change. And dosed the second NFG as the instruction says after 24 hours.

Do i need to do this everyday for 10 days? Im not really sure how long to do NFG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back