OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id be there in a heartbeat if I wasn't all the way up in Minnesota! Your a bit of a drive away im afraid. Can't believe you got everything in one tub man.
Its pretty sketchy in the tub I dont like the fact everyone so close right now.
Plan is fill 1st tank. Fill with live rock. Monitor for day or 2 getting kinks out and fill it.
Have seneye. Never have seen ammonia spike with my liverock and fresh mix salt water.
Kinda pushing it with 3x the volume though im going to use the water in table system to jump start.
Got stand in. Leveled. Tank #1 on.
Will be filling here by dinner:D

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dishes are done man:D
20210613_130827.jpg
20210613_130827.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I should maybe update my own thread here lol.
Tank 1 filled with 100% new salt mix, 40 lbs Gulf rock as well as whatever snails, corals and hermits hitchiked over.
Fed tank half cube of frozen and seen a tiny bump in ammonia from .001- .006 within cpl hrs but back down to .001 within next cpls hrs. Total time no longer than 5 hrs. According to seneye the bump wasn't big enough to move health scale one way or the other.
Tonight I'm adding fish. If I don't see anything of concern or the same trend my shrooms will be going in by lights out so they can wake up to tomorrow light cycle.
Still to do- Figure out a good spot for wyze cam because this view is simply not going to cut it and driving me crazy! Making this priority soon as I walk in door lol.
Have parts coming to split the returns up with wands and rfg's on both corners. Rfg's in tank and the wands sweeping top of water. I cannot stand looking at nasties on top of water or anywhere at this point haha.
Going to play with overflows. May get adapter to go to 1.5" pvc. Really haven't been happy with the fact these tanks only came with 2x1" overflows. I want to pump as much water through these tanks as possible and within reason to where everyone is happy

Screenshot_20210615-091918_Wyze.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it done. What's crazy is 0 movement on the seneye cycle scale;) Put fish in first with a cube of food. Let everyone settle for cpl hours while i cleaned plugs and discs.
Think im gonna switch the white tiles out with black or gray they are super reflective and not feeling it against the black bottom.
Pretty sure I'm going to end up cutting, drilling and piecing together my live rock to create shallow shelf around perimeter of tank. Tons of real estate. Super happy I got the 4' length at this point.
Put my skimmer cup on as well water is super hazy with micro bubbles. Cant wait to see how it all looks tomorrow!
20210615_184346.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
46FC6A1A-AAA6-446F-A88E-AF2427F18558.jpeg

Shroom Splam! ;)
Beautiful bro. I moved tye dye to front glass last night and going to snap a pic tonight for you. Appears I may have had a serious alk issue that ive gotten fixed in New tank. She looked totally washed out in tub with no light. But does have some color and is re attached to her disc. I'm feeling like my alk issues may have been a contributing factor here and interested in seeing if she recovers for me!
BTW my wife found a cpl shrooms that appear to be JB babies stuck to the tub floor. She may just have dropped one for me before she crashed.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cpl screen shots from video wife sent haha.
Everything looks super happy with the changes. There was something most definetely wrong with most likely my alk or maybe my old table system. Tank is so much smoother just waiting on a cpl wave makers, return splitters and rfg, need to install float for top off tonight.
All in all this tank is popping.
Whatever my mix is mixing at is what my params are going to stay at. Check out how fluffy magic carpet is in back. Almost 4 day blackout during this upgrade and less than 24hrs in new tank instacycled:)
Screenshot_20210616-131606_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-115310_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-115313_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-115300_Photos.jpg

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful bro. I moved tye dye to front glass last night and going to snap a pic tonight for you. Appears I may have had a serious alk issue that ive gotten fixed in New tank. She looked totally washed out in tub with no light. But does have some color and is re attached to her disc. I'm feeling like my alk issues may have been a contributing factor here and interested in seeing if she recovers for me!
BTW my wife found a cpl shrooms that appear to be JB babies stuck to the tub floor. She may just have dropped one for me before she crashed.

Can’t wait to see how it’s looking, I keep thinking about it since you told me.
I’m sure this new system will be just right for it,
sounds like it’s already getting acclimated.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt are you using?
Hey cell i just switched from reef crystals to regular purple bucket instant ocean. Of all the salts ive used which is probably all of them now. Ive never seen such a positive response from my shrooms. Could be that alk is sorted out now. Which is never really has been so im leaning towards its the salt.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see how it’s looking, I keep thinking about it since you told me.
I’m sure this new system will be just right for it,
sounds like it’s already getting acclimated.
Man I'm hoping so. Honestly shes not looking good. Has some color but well you know how she looked when I got her from you. Horrible that screwed her up but pretty sure I fixed the issue.

Also a disclaimer man yall will have to bear with me while I figure out how to take pictures in a DT lol
Everything is looking better than it ever has. Lights running at about 50% it was running. Going to let them get acclimated to light again as they where in blackout close to 4 days during the swap.
20210616_165635.jpg
20210616_165915.jpg
20210616_165950.jpg
20210616_165940.jpg
20210616_165926.jpg
20210616_165821.jpg
20210616_165729.jpg
20210616_165721.jpg
20210616_165713.jpg
20210616_165708.jpg
20210616_165648.jpg

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks look great (especially the full one). Your pictures look pretty dang good there, too, for just a few days practice on the DT. What other tiles are you looking at? I couldn’t find dark ones! Reefing Art sells some that are more sandy colored that I want to try, but I think you’re right about the black or grey with that bare bottom. The white glare is a lot, and I feel like you will keep it too clean for them to not stay that bright. Shrooms don’t look like they mind the extra reflection, tho...
rachel dratch tanning GIF by truTV's Late Night Snack

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks look great (especially the full one). Your pictures look pretty dang good there, too, for just a few days practice on the DT. What other tiles are you looking at? I couldn’t find dark ones! Reefing Art sells some that are more sandy colored that I want to try, but I think you’re right about the black or grey with that bare bottom. The white glare is a lot, and I feel like you will keep it too clean for them to not stay that bright. Shrooms don’t look like they mind the extra reflection, tho...
rachel dratch tanning GIF by truTV's Late Night Snack's Late Night Snack
Honestly I can't find them now. I went with the white tiles because they where the only tiles I could find @5"
I know I seen some gray and black tiles but not finding much on search now.
Think im gonna start a thread and see what peeps are using. I really don't care for the glare!

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I can't find them now. I went with the white tiles because they where the only tiles I could find @5"
I know I seen some gray and black tiles but not finding much on search now.
Think im gonna start a thread and see what peeps are using. I really don't care for the glare!
I thought I saw some grey ones but I couldn’t find them when I tried to either. Link me, if you do? There has to be a company that makes them... or some other way of covering the tile. It wouldn’t look bad coated over with coralline but that will take a while. Lol.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I saw some grey ones but I couldn’t find them when I tried to either. Link me, if you do? There has to be a company that makes them... or some other way of covering the tile. It wouldn’t look bad coated over with coralline but that will take a while. Lol.
Eshopps makes some blackish gray tiles. Not sure what size they are though everywhere ive found them the size isn't listed. Think im going to call around and see whats up and snag a ton of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back