20210801_111447.jpg

Tyler Oakley GIF by This Might Get

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean ruffles is about to split??
410BB2C7-98A3-4CFB-BEF2-6E0C4EEE5EB2.jpeg

He has a split in that one side, about 1/2 inch long.
Really hard to tell. My ric is massive and hasn’t split. I’m not sure how rics multiply. I have one that sorta split but never finished

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really hard to tell. My ric is massive and hasn’t split. I’m not sure how rics multiply. I have one that sorta split but never finished
Interesting. Ok, I’ll just keep my eye on it. It seems like rho’s split much faster and easier than ric’s… no clue why.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my lfs had a ric rock that had 10-15 mouths and a few of them looked like they where dripping/melting/stretching from top to bottom rack. Not sure what it takes for some rics to split.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my lfs had a ric rock that had 10-15 mouths and a few of them looked like they where dripping/melting/stretching from top to bottom rack. Not sure what it takes for some rics to split.
You need to talk to it. Take it out to dinner. Baby it. Lol

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Ok, I’ll just keep my eye on it. It seems like rho’s split much faster and easier than ric’s… no clue why.
Because they are different types of mushrooms probably. I would say if it is a ric and doesn’t have two mouths it’s just being weird.and even if it has two mouths it may not split. I have one with 3 mouths. It is content to eat with all three and not split. I know @Lost in the Sauce has rics with multiple mouths that haven’t split

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah probably subspecies within the species. Ive seen the split into singles as well as just keep growing mouths. The ones that split into singles remind me more of a ric yuma like my baby booger mama

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah probably subspecies within the species. Ive seen the split into singles as well as just keep growing mouths. The ones that split into singles remind me more of a ric yuma like my baby booger mama
It sure would be nice to be able to easily propagate because I have a few I would definitely do it to if I had no fear of losing both halves

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT i
That toxic bounce was touching a ric. That ric looked very unhappy! So gave it more room .
It’s the little ric that the bounce was touching.
9AF4A2F2-2E97-4D2F-B008-28C650CC171D.jpeg
Interesting. Yeah I'm real careful with mixing species together. Never had anything happen but seen the horror stories. I try to keep all my same species around eachother.
Before I moved my powder brown it knocked my grafted cap over onto a Yuma for maybe 5 minutes before I noticed it. Everywhere the cap touched the Yuma the cap immediately bleached.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sure would be nice to be able to easily propagate because I have a few I would definitely do it to if I had no fear of losing both halves
I tried to cut a cpl Florida rics with multiple mouths. Lost all them all.
Some people say they have success cutting them and very well may have. If they are cutting in super healthy, stable dialed system.
At the end of the day id love to hear real stats on survival rate at 6-12 months;)

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Yeah I'm real careful with mixing species together. Never had anything happen but seen the horror stories. I try to keep all my same species around eachother.
Before I moved my powder brown it knocked my grafted cap over onto a Yuma for maybe 5 minutes before I noticed it. Everywhere the cap touched the Yuma the cap immediately bleached.
Well I got into mushrooms accidentally so definitely didn’t plan for them. So all mushrooms are on one side of the tank.

I am definitely gonna rethink my scape when I have to move and may try and do a little bit better at organizing and making the tank make sense

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. At my LFS, they have a rubble piece that has a ric that’s split 3 times, and each one is the size of a nickel! It’s crazy.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. At my LFS, they have a rubble piece that has a ric that’s split 3 times, and each one is the size of a nickel! It’s crazy.
To me I see distinct difference in subspecies. Not sure I can say I've seen a ric yuma with multiple mouths. I can usually tell them apart next to eachother.
Girl at my lfs call a shroom yuma rhodactis last time I was there. I haven't been able to find that classification anywhere. I could totally be wrong but I think even lfs make errors with certain species especially when they resemble eachother so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back