OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a busy couple of days as I took the time to build one of the door hangers, paint the canopy, draw out plans for the new electronics display and then relocate the rock and corals into a more permanent home.

I also had my buddy come into the room again to show me is disgust for this tank and the time i am putting into it. What he doesnt seem to remember is our recent trip to the dog park where he had a lot of fun!
1a42cd6917169bfd8b533ec76a81b7b3.jpg
5cc014ce07846bbc1add2e104d9fd245.jpg
f122f5e44497516b4dd9bbc736c9516b.jpg
0b7fe34e0fb5f19448294bbe22f6c5a5.jpg
22ddbeedf670443d0c4499fcba52dbca.jpg
20f02541351d83d1fd67a9a13f648d96.jpg
84adb458592f922bc6dcf3c96f907a2b.jpg
64c6a418cdbce63ee0c6271f1230c715.jpg

The look on his face says it all

f176dcfef1cf5cf1c1555433e9093526.jpg

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last picture of the zoas shows a mushroom i have been looking for right behind them to the left. I was devastated thinking that i lost it in the chaos of the tank transition, but thankfully i found it alive and healthy :D

I finished the modifications on my skimmer and am currently having an issue dialing it in. So hopefully it works itself out, or I am going to have to go back to the drawing board on it.

Reefandthecurious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the build and all the custom work you’ve put into it. Your on talented guy you should start a buisness if u haven’t already lol. What other custom work do u plan on doing definitely following along

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thank you for the kind words.

Right now I also building a fully pi controlled water station in the garage.

The tank will have a custom electronics center and I am still playing with the "prototype" and then the tank should be close to done.

Then I am building a tank with the guy who bought mine and doing something similar to mine with him.

In about a year I am helping another friend build a fully custom tank in his bar room.

So mostly just a lot of fun and trying new things.
Loving the build and all the custom work you’ve put into it. Your on talented guy you should start a buisness if u haven’t already lol. What other custom work do u plan on doing definitely following along

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s awesome you do this just for a hobby Amazing your very dedicated. Post pics of the prototype let’s see what u got so far
I totally forgot to take the pics! My bad. And thank you for the compliments. It has been an up and down battle thus far as a lot of this i am trying for the first time

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! [emoji109][emoji482]

Yeah I am going to trim out some more detail and eventually have it all redone by someone more skilled than I. Hopefully it comes together nicely.
That’s a prototype? If it is can’t wait to see the final project looks great so far

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is finally settling down and doing its job as designed. The tank is looking great and i moved around some corals to help them find better homes. I got the zoa mountain built and allowing them to do their thing now and went back to working on the power center. I lost momentum on it as i got frustrated with a couple of things on it. Mostly, i screwed up a measurement and now i love the aesthetic i was looking for. This will only reduce the timeline i had planned on the custom acrylic piece i want to order... but there goes for overspend haha.

That said, the tank is starting to really show signs of stability and i need to get into the routine of managing the filter socks better. The main drawback right now is the amount of floating particles in the water column. Some filter floss should help with that, so i will most likely do that tonight.

Hope yall are having a great week!

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the nights plans got changed, but for the best.

We foster dogs with a local agency and we had decided to break our rule and allow a puppy to be in our home. We usually work with what they refer to as "difficult dogs" who got turned in for a variety of reasons other than the usual high energy stuff. We are not a puppy family, but this one stole our hearts immediately as it looked a lot like our boy when he was younger.

It didnt take long for us to be reminded of why we do not care for puppies. The separation anxiety, lack of bladder control, destructive nature all set in and the room that got it the worst was my fish room. Over the weekend, i met some potential adopters a couple different times and we ended up placing him late sunday night. After nearly four months of having him in our home, we placed him in a home that i know is a great fit.

So last night started the "depuppying" of our house, including a deep carpet clean of the fish room. The room is back to new so hopefully i start to finish everything tonight. We will see though :D

Acer, AKA "Tweaker" doing his thing.
0a8f566bd3d7fbbbf7711fb1330180d4.jpg

Scoping out his new back yard and his new girl friend
6f2d08b063097d1c744d6da37c6ed51a.jpg

Riding with me to the new place for the final time
2884b25032d54f0fbd2177bd9d60277d.jpg

Saying goodbye to my little buddy
fa1f162604953be943c33ca566d51c0e.jpg

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! tons of DIY. Tell me about the raspberry pi controlled water station. How will you be using that to control it? Electronic valves??

Building my own controller would be out of the question but my father in law is big into this type of thing (Raspberry pi projects not aquarium related) Among others. I'm about to start building my water mixing station and wouldn't that be cool to press a button and out comes fresh or salt or refills mixing container.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back