Sale! ORA mandarin dragonets $79.99

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i bought a baby blue mandarin, ORA, from Fragbox Corals in Canada. She is super tiny, I was not expecting that. Im feeding her mostly copepods right now because shes SOO small, but im going to try crushed up baby mysis, hopefully she'll eat that. Im keepign her in a breeding box right now because my filter could suck her up, my anemone could eat her, my torch could maybe get her, not too sure. My cleaner shrimp seems very friendly to her in the breeding box, but i think if he got close to her he could easily hurt her. But thanks a lot, great fishy, love her very much, cant wait for her to grow bigger. *Also i need name ideas #reefsquad

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i bought a baby blue mandarin, ORA, from Fragbox Corals in Canada. She is super tiny, I was not expecting that. Im feeding her mostly copepods right now because shes SOO small, but im going to try crushed up baby mysis, hopefully she'll eat that. Im keepign her in a breeding box right now because my filter could suck her up, my anemone could eat her, my torch could maybe get her, not too sure. My cleaner shrimp seems very friendly to her in the breeding box, but i think if he got close to her he could easily hurt her. But thanks a lot, great fishy, love her very much, cant wait for her to grow bigger. *Also i need name ideas #reefsquad
Speck! I named my tiny sexy shrimp Speck. Wild Thing, Acid Trip (Trippy for short), or Blue (after the raptor from Jurassic Park)

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speck! I named my tiny sexy shrimp Speck. Wild Thing, Acid Trip (Trippy for short), or Blue (after the raptor from Jurassic Park)
Mmm all great names... ;Pompus I like the name Millie,blue sounds good too, so does speck. but speck kinda seems like a name for a male mando. SHes a female not sure I mentioned that.
Also somewhat unrelated ive been feeding her pods for about a week (thats how long ive had her), but today I tried tiny pieces of frozen brine, so like less than a milimeter, and she ate them !! Shes doign really well

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm all great names... ;Pompus I like the name Millie,blue sounds good too, so does speck. but speck kinda seems like a name for a male mando. SHes a female not sure I mentioned that.
Also somewhat unrelated ive been feeding her pods for about a week (thats how long ive had her), but today I tried tiny pieces of frozen brine, so like less than a milimeter, and she ate them !! Shes doign really well
Being captive bred, she should eat a variety of prepared foods. Try some pellet! Personally, I think Speck is a unisex name but I think I’d probably make it Speckie for a girl :). Whatever name you choose, I’m sure she’s gorgeous!

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being captive bred, she should eat a variety of prepared foods. Try some pellet! Personally, I think Speck is a unisex name but I think I’d probably make it Speckie for a girl :). Whatever name you choose, I’m sure she’s gorgeous!
Speckie is a good name. I have tried pellets, problem is even though they are Hikari Marine S, their still wayyy to big XD. they need to be so much smaller, because her mouth is like 1 nanometer or more. Definitely >half a militmeter, but the pods and frozen are working out well :)

OP
OP
oceans garden aquaculture

Oceans garden aquaculture
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend transferring a small piece of rock in and out of the breeder box. Let the mandarin pick at the pods.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend transferring a small piece of rock in and out of the breeder box. Let the mandarin pick at the pods.
Yes Ive put lots of small pieces of coral rocks from the ocean into the box, theres lots of little holes and crevices in there. Pods are populating in the box which is nice. :) Thanks a lot. Also, what food do you guys feed the mandos at your facility? I was able to get her to eat mini pieces of frozen brine which she took to readily, but i want to know if theres something she will adore even more than this

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Ive put lots of small pieces of coral rocks from the ocean into the box, theres lots of little holes and crevices in there. Pods are populating in the box which is nice. :) Thanks a lot. Also, what food do you guys feed the mandos at your facility? I was able to get her to eat mini pieces of frozen brine which she took to readily, but i want to know if theres something she will adore even more than this
Have you looked at sustainable aquatics pellets in .5 mm. Practically dust! :)

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure ive seen those tbh. I have been looking for pellets that are dust lol, something i can just add to the tank and she eats it

My lfs carries it, yours may too. :) it’s like 6$ in lfs.

Also TDO has multiple sizes of food for fish as small as 10 day old fry.

Best of luck to your new little friend! Hope this helps!

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My lfs carries it, yours may too. :) it’s like 6$ in lfs.

Also TDO has multiple sizes of food for fish as small as 10 day old fry.

Best of luck to your new little friend! Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot, ill look for those next time i visit my LFS. Thanks for the suggestion and wishes!

OP
OP

Oceans garden aquaculture
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We feed chopped mysis and hikari mini pellets.

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

I already have frozen brine and mysis, but she seems to prefer the brine pieces chopped up. Mine are Omega One, and that brine is acc moer nutritious than my mysis.
Try sneaking hikari fry powder into the frozen as it defrosts so it picks up the flavor, it’s easier to “sneak” pellets in by forcing it on them than trying to feed them alone.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try sneaking hikari fry powder into the frozen as it defrosts so it picks up the flavor, it’s easier to “sneak” pellets in by forcing it on them than trying to feed them alone.
Ill try and pick some up next time im at my LFS. Is it called Hikari First Bites Powder? Im not sure im finding it

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back