Salgado Aquatics Is For Sale

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea but would like to meet with them
Salgado sent an email a a couple months back. They are a couple that are taking over the storefront. Will see what they have to offer.
Now that it is just the TX store his prices have gone through the roof. He’s more expensive then most where in the past the NY store had awesome prices.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea but would like to meet with them
I was told that they are from Stamford… Sound Aquatics

E90C09C3-8EE4-4BA3-9B49-0E5DBE20E10D.jpeg

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back … they are open, most tanks have a few fish in them, still lite on corals, but nice people and prices seemed decent.
It would be nice to have a local shop with fair prices!

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I also went... just to look around and meet the new folks. I left with 5 fish...smh. I grabbed a baby purple tang, a leopard wrasse, a half black tang, a yellow hogfish and a cleaner wrasse. $350. Not too shabby. Purple tang was the most expensive. The rest were all under 50 i think.

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah... I thought there would be more opening day hoopla tho. No prizes, no freebies, no discount off the total order. They don't QT, I asked, but that's cool. I got my own QTs now. They do treat with copper and prazi which is also good. Prices were awesome.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that they are trying to do it, the same way Juan did it. Not sure if they are ordering thru him or getting their own suppliers.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that they are trying to do it, the same way Juan did it. Not sure if they are ordering thru him or getting their own suppliers.
IIRC, Juan said he would connect any buyer with his suppliers.

I was hoping they’d have some acanthos like Juan did, but no luck.

Still a great place to have nearby!

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went as well I picked up 5 fish. I got a large purple tang, 2 hippo tangs, 1 cleaner wrasse, and an asfur angel. All the fish look great and the prices were great too. Fish looked healthy, store was clean, and had a decent selection of livestock. All my fish are eating already I could not be happier. Owners are very friendly and helpful. I am glad to see that the owners actually passionate about the hobby and not just people looking for quick cash.

Would 10/10 recommend going!

tiabakshi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am one of the owner's of Sound Aquatics. I really enjoyed meeting everyone that was able to stop by yesterday and today. We are in the process of getting more stock (both live and dry). We truly value our customers' opinions so I have made this Google form where you can share your opinions/thoughts that will come directly to me (for instance let me know if you'd buy swag!) While we can't please absolutely everyone, we sure as hell will try!

Our mission is to expand the family we have just begun by educating and providing opportunities so that everyone can love this hobby as much as we all do. With that being said, both Stewart and I are passionate about feeding our fish and corals the most nutritious diets we can. We have created our own brand of both frozen and dry food/supplements that we are very excited about. Pop in and we can tell you all about them!

I am also working on planning an exciting event that we will be hosting in the near future.

Last edited:

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am one of the owner's of Sound Aquatics. I really enjoyed meeting everyone that was able to stop by yesterday and today. We are in the process of getting more stock (both live and dry). We truly value our customers' opinions so I have made this Google form where you can share your opinions/thoughts that will come directly to me (for instance let me know if you'd buy swag!) While we can't please absolutely everyone, we sure as hell will try!

Our mission is to expand the family we have just begun by educating and providing opportunities so that everyone can love this hobby as much as we all do. With that being said, both Stewart and I are passionate about feeding our fish and corals the most nutritious diets we can. We have created our own brand of both frozen and dry food/supplements that we are very excited about. Pop in and we can tell you all about them!

I am also working on planning an exciting event that we will be hosting in the near future.
Best of luck with your business. I will be coming soon with my kids to purchase some items.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back