Ilya_Tihomirov

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Good time to all. Due to the fact that the test kit for salifert with three reagents has ended, I purchased a test kit with two reagents. I checked it on the reference liquid from FM - it showed ideally ~ 420. I began to check the water from my aquarium, the first - when adding 0.6 ml, the color does not change from blue, only a purple tint appears, the transition to pink begins only when another 0.1 ml is added (0.7 in total) after titration calcium is obtained ~ 480.
Taking back the test of three reagents, I measured the reference liquid FM and got ~420 again, measured the water from the aquarium and it was also ~420. What to do? how to understand the correct calcium? to throw out salifert to buy red sea, NYOS?

Are there representatives of salifert on the forum?

also prepare a new salt solution Red SEA (not pro) for substitution, I checked the new test and the color transition was at 0.6, but it showed ~480 calcium.

AS
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
I

Ilya_Tihomirov

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yesterday I tried to measure again. The color transition to pink happened as expected after adding 0.6. then he intended 465. Maybe the representative of salifert will come out and tell us what we are doing wrong?

Are you ready for giant clams in your tank?

• I currently keep a giant clam in my aquarium

Votes: 26 16.9%
  • I have kept giant clams in the past, but don’t have any now

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I am interested, but I haven’t kept giant clams yet

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • I have no plans to keep giant clams

Votes: 40 26.0%
Tidal Gardens