Salifert K Test (Potassium) Review

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd been unsure for more than a year about purchasing a Potassium test kit. Reviews of the ones available on the market described issues with determining the end point.

I didn't buy one because I couldn't find one product which has overall good reviews.

A week ago when I read on Andrew's (user V1_Rotate's) thread on another forum about the new Salifert Potassium test kit; that the test was precise in determining the end point.

Well, straight away I placed an order from an online vendor.

The product arrived today.

After opening the usual Salifert box, I was founds inside the following:
IMG_0945.jpg

Clear instructions, with colour photos of the important steps.

The test is extremely easy:

1. Add 1ml water sample from aquarium to vial.
2. Add 0.5ml of Reagent 1 and swirl for 20 seconds.
3. Add 3 drops of Reagent 2.
4. Add Reagent 3 drop wise, until colour turns from white to blue (swirl after each adding each drop).

The whole test can be completed in about 1 minute.

The end point is so obvious. My water tested at 400ppm, so that is good to know. I use the Tropic Marine Pro Reef Salt and previously used Kent Salt on my tank. I did blindly dose Brightwells Potassium product some weeks ago, but stopped as I was afraid of harming my SPS, and wasnt going to continue dosing until I had tested the current Potassium level in my tank.

Currently I don't dose any Potassium products, and this test shows that I don'd need to dose. It is quite refreshing to see a product delivered that makes for easy testing.

I know Andrew tested against a reference solution and found the Salifert Potassium test kit to be very accurate. I cannot provide any verification as to the accuracy, but I found the test kit to be very consistent.

I carried out 3 tests and each time the determined value was the same.

I therefore highly rate the Salifert Potassium test kit. No more guesswork! :D

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sahin,

Hope all is well!

Nice review on the salifert test kit. I'm using the Red Sea Pro K+ Test and am about to run out of reagent. I will purchase the test kit based on your review. I have to add 6ml of ZEOVit K+ Balance Strong every two days just to keep up with my Potassium demand. I'm also going to be switching over to the brightwell aquatics potassion for cost reasons.

Warmest Regards,
James

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back