Salinity probe PM2 issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineVet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

need some help

I have an Apex EL with an add on PM2 and conductivity probe Running latest firmware on Apex and PM2. Probe is admittedly a little old and may need replaced. I’m waiting to replace to see if something else is causing my issues. Here is a description of what I’m seeing:

every morning at approximately 6am give or take a bit! My probe reading drops to 0. This has been happening for more than a week and is consistent.
Every evening between 7pm an 11pm my reading comes back on and is relatively consistent. This time fluctuates a bit but happens more often at around 10pm.
my probe isnt calibrated as I tried to calibrate during the day and could no get good calibration.But salinity is relatively stable at about 40-41 ppt daily

first thought was lights or light power cords. Cond probe cable is run away from power wires by itself. Will try to isolate further and test. Also, my lights don’t ramp up from 0% until 9am so that wouldn’t explain the change at 6am. Off time of lights would make sense as they are ramping down during the return of reading in the evening.

second thought are wave pumps. I run an MP40 and a Jebao gyre type pump. I will turn them each off on alternating days to see if there is a change.
Other than those ideas, I’m unsure where else to look right now? I don’t think the old probe would be demonstrating such a consistent cycle of reading/non readings.
I’m an engineer, so solving these types of issues isn’t foreign to me. I’m also not too stubborn to ask for help from people with more experience or expertise with this product.
Thanks for your time in reading my post. Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Back