OP
InvertGang

InvertGang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand your concerns over the test kits but know this, this hobby has been going for many many years using these test kits. Are they 100% accurate probably not, but they are the best we can use and I’d still say they are fairly accurate. At the very least it’s pretty reliable to tell you if your cycle has finished.
Remember the number 1 rule of this hobby. Nothing good happens fast.
I tested my ammonia and my nitrates. The ammonia was 0 and the nitrates was probably between 0ppm and 2 ppm (it wasn't quite 0 on the scale but definitely below 5ppm). It's definitely producing waste since I'm feeding the tank (for the bristle worms and such in there). Maybe the chaeto is pulling all of it out. I guess I should start feeding a bit more to up the nitrates.

OP
OP
InvertGang

InvertGang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you used live rock, you would have skipped a cycle and all should be fine. Especially seeing the nice growth you have. Good luck!
Thank you! I did a test and it looks good. I got a peppermint shrimp to celebrate, it's so cute.

20210814_151449.jpg

Hopefully the little guy helps get some of the aiptasia from the live rocks.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back