Salt Mix that Boosts Coral Growth and Color

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of boredom the other night I was reading reviews on salts. One salt in particular had many reviews where people were claiming that this salt gave them double the coral growth and a noticeable improvement in color. I’ve not heard of such thing from talking to people locally or experienced it myself though i’ve not used this brand.
Is that truly possible? I’ve kinda run with the assumption that salt is salt and the main differences are solubility, parameters, and whether or not it mixes clean without brown residue. What say you? Can a brand of salt boost growth like that?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say yes, some salts are better than others at promoting desirable attributes. I prefer the synthetics as they seem to mix faster, cleaner and closer to the element mix I want.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that is a loaded question. I would say anything is possible for example maybe you are using one with low alk not testing or dosing only doing water changes and it is falling outside acceptable range then switch to one with a higher alk, growth may be better. However I would say if you are testing and keeping parameters steady then a change of salt will not make much difference in my opinion.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back