OP
will elliott 04

will elliott 04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its Thursday now the filter well sump Ben running since last Sunday evening my water is Cristal clear and my levels r good but my walls keep getting like in the pic

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say you "added what you needed" to the tank, what did you add? Did you premix the water with salt prior to putting it in the tank or did you fill the tank with fresh water and then add the salt to it?

OP
OP
will elliott 04

will elliott 04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filled the tank with water then added the amount of salt I needed and let it sit a day n then added this. Thats what the pet store said all I need to start

1462471631380.jpg

OP
OP
will elliott 04

will elliott 04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As u can c the inside is very clear but the was r like stained for some reason

1462471968800.jpg

OP
OP
will elliott 04

will elliott 04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to go to work I at 3 I get off at 1am I'll get back on when I am home to c what u guys left thanks everyone

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white you are seeing is because the salt mix needs to be premixed before being added to the tank. When you add that amount of salt and don't circulate it or mix it you will get the dust precipitation you are seeing. It's going to take a few days longer for it to clear up

fache98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. Added water, then salt and ran the system. Added a heater and the salt baked it self to the heater. Got it all under control and wiped it all down and back into circulation.

Question: I have a Eheim 1262 as my return pump and when I submersed into the tank and was running quite for the first couple of days. Now the pump has this loud hmmm'ing sound. Can it be salt stain that could have affected the impeller causing the humming? Just curious if anyone has had any experience like this before?

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filled the tank with water then added the amount of salt I needed and let it sit a day n then added this. Thats what the pet store said all I need to start

1462471631380.jpg

I would ditch that pet stores advice. They just sold you a bunch of stuff you don't need.

Happy Jon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big box pet stores know absolutely NOTHING about saltwater systems and almost nothing about freshwater.

Wisehart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding the salt in your tank and that marine conditioner caused a chemical reaction. This is why you have a glazed or crystallized film on your acrylic. You blew a lot of money, why not read how to start a saltwater aquarium. Do not add fish until you've got it under control and have educated yourself more on saltwater keeping. We are here to help. Ask before you do, not after.

Bill Bolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you didn't use much pressure, the blue pad is ok. .....but, go make sure it is acrylic safe. I have always used a cloth....like the ones for washing your face. I just don't wash it in the clothes washer anymore!!
Since this is a new tank and sand, i5s just sand dust. It can last for quite a while if you didn't rinse it well enough. It's no big deal. I just wipe it off, or use the acrylic safe mag float glass cleaner.
That's a nice tank you have going together!!

Live Water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run a filter sock it will pull it out quickly unless it's precipitation from unmixed salt, but it will help with that as well.

Live Water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1462471631380.jpg
Yeah none of that will help but it's always nice to have on hand. What's your salinity and what are you using to test it?

MoneyMike1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really need to do your research man. I can tell you haven't with all the mistakes you've made already. You keep this up and I guarantee you won't be in the hobby long...

Those chemicals you purchased, a complete joke.

OP
OP
will elliott 04

will elliott 04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Ben in it for two years now I have a porcupine puffer like 7-8 in. Two clown fish and a snow flake eel about 12in they all r doing fine. I Ben using this stuff with them in my 75gallon everything is good. I am buying anew house and I now I need a bigger tank thats why I bought the 175 and figured I can do the same thing . I set the 175 tank up in the new house to cycle but the next day I went over to check it it was like that. And I have the drain running into a sock then over a wall to another big sponge filter thing. This is the pic of my fish now. Hard to get a pic with the puffer not moving n sorry for pics being lil blurry my phones not the best

1462514044225.jpg

1462514140210.jpg

1462514361591.jpg

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really need to do your research man. I can tell you haven't with all the mistakes you've made already. You keep this up and I guarantee you won't be in the hobby long...

Those chemicals you purchased, a complete joke.
. Not sure how this is helpful, certainly not supportive.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back