Salt stain on inside of glass?

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that the MR clean magic erasers work very well on acrylic tanks

Just to clarify for the OP, you do mean while the tank is empty, correct? They have some sort of soap in them that comes out when you use them. Plus they disintegrate into tons of little pieces. (I'm assuming the soap isn't particularly reef safe.)

Live Water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine what for.
Mostly so that I don't openly insult somebody and tell them they wasted their money when he is obviously trying to do the right thing. It look like a petco shopping trip to me and I think 90% of us on this forum feel the same about that store. (;

lou dog420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clarify for the OP, you do mean while the tank is empty, correct? They have some sort of soap in them that comes out when you use them. Plus they disintegrate into tons of little pieces. (I'm assuming the soap isn't particularly reef safe.)
The original ones have no soap, and people use them all the time inside and outside of the tank. The acrylic tank manufacturer that made my tank recommended them to me. Offcourse you wouldn't want to use them to the point at which they start to fall apart.some people have actually reported that using them regularly has even eliminated fine scratches that existed before they started using them.

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, I haven't used one in a while. I didn’t know there was a soap free version.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly so that I don't openly insult somebody and tell them they wasted their money when he is obviously trying to do the right thing. It look like a petco shopping trip to me and I think 90% of us on this forum feel the same about that store. (;

It was an insult to the store not the OP.

We've all been there. I wish someone would have told me when I started out that all those bottles of stuff weren't needed. I know that had nothing directly to the OP's question but it sounds like bad advice Is being given from the LFS.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back