mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello team R2R!!!

First off, thank you for your help in making my JBJ45 a great success. So many people to name a nd I just want to say thank you again. I had to shut down the tank as I am moving to India, but it has not stopped me from thinking what next. I will be living in an apartment and so I didn't want to go too big and wanted to stick with AIO. My obvious choice was to get an Innovative Marine 40 or 50 gallon, but when I saw the Water Box I WAS SOLD.

With the choice, size and what they have to offer, I could not resist. So here I am waiting for my new WaterBox 50.3 to show up tomorrow, but I cant do anything other than inspect and repack.

Shout out to @Waterbox Aquariums for their support. I got the detailed info, images for the questions I had and within hours. Very quick and amazing support. Their youtube channel is amazing. So a BIG BIG THANK YOU ;Happy;Happy;Happy

Now more to come on equipment, stand, rock, salt and coral choices. Stay Tuned and this will be a picture heavy build.

HAPPY REEFING

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a preview of where the tank will sit and how it will look. This is CAD rendering. More to come on the cabinet.
Tank1.jpeg

Tank2.jpeg

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tank arrived on Friday 10.19... Here are a few observations

A. One heck of a package. The wooden box panels are atleast 1/2 inch thick. The aquarium is well protected. Unless something very heavy falls on it and crushes the box, I don’t think we should see cracked tanks on arrival. I inspected for chips etc. no issues so far.

B. I was amazed by the size of the overflow area and the middle chambers. Great for multiple reactors or refugium or skimmer. I can pack this with everything I need.

C. Schedule 80 plumbing

D. Not so happy with the sponge or the filter sock. Have to see if any inTank baskets for other aquariums fit. Will run sock on one side and basket on the other

E. Great size of aquascaping.

F. The sump partition is glass and very nicely done.

G. The seam for the silicone is non existent. That is just amazing. It’s impossible to capture via camera. I’ll try when I open the tank and set it up.

All in all, just love the tank. Very happy with the purchase. Now it’s 4 months before I set it up. It will be in the ocean for 3 months.

Here are some pics

6b1583f15310f8c3ee1d5a0a663f4d87.jpg
453f45614ef5ccdf9da8047a335bce68.jpg
87d3474d438729d5bd36fc5ab383bdb9.jpg
ff1fcdb8fb37a00f247e24857b307b6b.jpg
fd5fd0f5cf9927db3d0c15b52c1d84b5.jpg

decb2bb687b630791a66d2cf99659530.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tank arrived on Friday 10.19... Here are a few observations

A. One heck of a package. The wooden box panels are atleast 1/2 inch thick. The aquarium is well protected. Unless something very heavy falls on it and crushes the box, I don’t think we should see cracked tanks on arrival. I inspected for chips etc. no issues so far.

B. I was amazed by the size of the overflow area and the middle chambers. Great for multiple reactors or refugium or skimmer. I can pack this with everything I need.

C. Schedule 80 plumbing

D. Not so happy with the sponge or the filter sock. Have to see if any inTank baskets for other aquariums fit. Will run sock on one side and basket on the other

E. Great size of aquascaping.

F. The sump partition is glass and very nicely done.

G. The seam for the silicone is non existent. That is just amazing. It’s impossible to capture via camera. I’ll try when I open the tank and set it up.

All in all, just love the tank. Very happy with the purchase. Now it’s 4 months before I set it up. It will be in the ocean for 3 months.

Here are some pics

6b1583f15310f8c3ee1d5a0a663f4d87.jpg
453f45614ef5ccdf9da8047a335bce68.jpg
87d3474d438729d5bd36fc5ab383bdb9.jpg
ff1fcdb8fb37a00f247e24857b307b6b.jpg
fd5fd0f5cf9927db3d0c15b52c1d84b5.jpg

decb2bb687b630791a66d2cf99659530.jpg

Phew! Looks and sounds like it is in one piece. Nice.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

inTank is developing some media baskets for the AIO cubes that may fit. I'm not sure if they have started work on the Silver Marine AIO aquariums though.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
inTank is developing some media baskets for the AIO cubes that may fit. I'm not sure if they have started work on the Silver Marine AIO aquariums though.

@Scubafrog. Thank you. That’s good info sir. I was planning to use some display acrylic risers, cut them to size and then use a Fluval 13.5 Media basket. But let’s see if they can come up with something for AIO as well. Thank you again.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scubafrog I was on the phone InTank aquatics yesterday. They said they are working on the designs for the 50.3 as they are getting more inquiries for this model. May have something available end of this year. They will have the floss holder for the cubes available and I assume it will fit this AIO chamber. Let us see. I am on their wait list now.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scubafrog I was on the phone InTank aquatics yesterday. They said they are working on the designs for the 50.3 as they are getting more inquiries for this model. May have something available end of this year. They will have the floss holder for the cubes available and I assume it will fit this AIO chamber. Let us see. I am on their wait list now.

Nice! Good luck with the build.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mahindra.dev any updates on this tank?
how heavy is it. would love to see more
Hi @Devaji. I was so busy with the move back to India and settling down. The tank is still in the box. My stand is being built now. I plan to start the build in the next 2 -3 weeks

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been offline for the last 10 months. Moving continents is no joke. But everything arrived in one piece. No issues with all my belongings, including my precious "waterbox". Just unpacked and here is some of the gear that i will be using.
Gear.jpeg

Stand is under build and it will have 3 sections. 1 for Chiller, a must in this part of the world, 1 for ATO and the 3rd for APEX organizer.

Capture.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back