Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purple Queen Anthias, Amethyst Anthias, Sailfin Anthias / Pseudanthias Pascalus

IMG_1132_zpse0424b67.jpg

SCIENTIFIC NAME - Pseudanthias Pascalus

COMMON NAME - Purple Queen Anthias (Amethyst Anthias, Sailfin Anthias)

SIZE - 6.7" (17 cm)

MIN. AQUARIUM SIZE - 55 US Gal. (208 L)

FOODS AND FEEDING - Varied diet of marine frozen preparations for zoo plankton feeders, Mysid shrimp, vitamin enriched Brine shrimp. Feed at least 3 times a day

REEF COMPATIBILITY - Yes in deep water reef tank for best results. (25 - 29" deep min.)

CAPTIVE CARE - May refuse to eat, subject to parasitic infections, one male and 5+ females with plenty of swimming room in upper levels of tank for best setup, various shelter sites a must, do not mix with aggressive tank mates, a plankton refugium to supply constant live foods to the main tank a plus, may loose coloration in absence of vitamin enriched foods, adding to a tank with established Anthias may help acclimation and feeding response

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two similar appearing Species share the common “purple queen anthias” Pseudanthias pascalus mentioned above and P. tuka. An excellent example of why we should emphasize the use of scientific names in the hobby. Pascalus is found in the indo pacific, and tuka is found there, the Indian Ocean, and the Red Sea.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back