Saltwater ich (what procedure best to take? )

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys so i just setup a 65 gallon no corals in yet, 6 years old hippo tang , 2 blue reef chromis and 1 key hole angel the hippo tang develop ich the question is.,

What do you thinks is the best procedure to get the tank ich free leave it running without ich for 72 days or i just can empty the tank out for a (x) amount of days and start all over again , if option 2 is best im thinking to just cook the rock and sand under the sun for the amount of day necessary

Ps. The rocks on the 65 are very mature about 7 years with me so that i think will be a draw back, i do have some aiptasia but i think i can manage that with some nudi or file fish what do you guys think?? Thanks

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to kill the rock at all. Leaving the rock/sand fallow without any possible ich hosts will effectively remove the ich from the system. You can remove all the fish and treat for ich in a QT while you leave the display tank fallow for the 72/76 days.

OP
OP
maxter

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to kill the rock at all. Leaving the rock/sand fallow without any possible ich hosts will effectively remove the ich from the system. You can remove all the fish and treat for ich in a QT while you leave the display tank fallow for the 72/76 days.
Hmmm silly question Do i still need to feed the tank for the bacteria ?

OP
OP
maxter

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the plan is since snails and hermits can give you ich go tomorrow to the lfs buy some snails and hermits so i can get over that and keep algae control and start the 72 days fallout , feed the tank regulary to keep bacteria and cuc alive...

with the fish ; buy a 20 gallons container at home depot and put all 4 fishes there with new saltwater mix ,check parameter everyother day and do water change when need it until for 2 months after that start treatment with cooper sounds good?

20200602_181311.jpg 20200602_181218.jpg

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you're going to wait 2 months before treatment begins? Also, have you considered the tank transfer method?

OP
OP
maxter

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you're going to wait 2 months before treatment begins? Also, have you considered the tank transfer method?
Not really i just need to do more re search on cooper and honestly im a little affraid since its my first time and i know it can be very toxic, and about ttm im not sure if that can help me since the fish have been already ich

OP
OP
maxter

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is 10 gallons to small for the transfer method since im going to be moving and cleaning the tank every 72 hoursn??? I think is more convenient than a bigger tank ...

OP
OP
maxter

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish is worse i haven't start the treatment waiting on cupramine tomorrow i would get it i ask on a fish store and they recommend treat the dosplay tank since theres no corals or inverts in and then with cooperzorb and carbon and water change remove it but what are the chance of doing that and eradicate all the ich from the tank??? Please some inputs :/

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back