Saltwater mixing problem

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used fritz rpm salt to mix some saltwater. I mixed the amount directed to 5 gallons of water (1/2 a cup of salt). The salinity came out at about 1.132 specific gravity. Is it my hygrometer that has the problem? I mixed it for 3 hours.

Grill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used fritz rpm salt to mix some saltwater. I mixed the amount directed to 5 gallons of water (1/2 a cup of salt). The salinity came out at about 1.132 specific gravity. Is it my hygrometer that has the problem? I mixed it for 3 hours.1/2 cup
1/2 cup per 5gal. doesn't sound right. Try this link. Fritz RPM - Reef Pro Mix Complete Marine Salt Click on directions & doses. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/2 cup per 5gal. doesn't sound right. Try this link. Fritz RPM - Reef Pro Mix Complete Marine Salt Click on directions & doses. Hope this helps.
I meant half a cup per gallon, sorry if I communicated incorrectly. I ended up taking out some of the water and replacing it with fresh water. It brought it down to right in between 1.024 and 1.025.

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use Fritz and I am going to recommend you go get a cheap digital scale! I have an AWC set up and I can repeatedly mix to exact salinity by weighing 6.32 lbs of salt for 20 gallons marked on a tub I use. That link is usually spot on!

Back