Saltwater tap for reef tank?

Should I do my initial fill with Saltwater from my tap?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Luke’s reef

Luke’s reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was leaning more towards 0 but i find the RS test kit hard to read the dam shades of green lol so might have been less or more just went with what I thought it was lol

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was leaning more towards 0 but i find the RS test kit hard to read the dam shades of green lol so might have been less or more just went with what I thought it was lol
Ah icic do you have something to verify it? Sry, I forget how inaccurate aquarium kits are, I borrow my kit for work to test ;)

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, is there a lfs in the area or local reef group you can ask if this has been attempted? Someone with first hand experience would be invaluable in this situation.

OP
OP
Luke’s reef

Luke’s reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, is there a lfs in the area or local reef group you can ask if this has been attempted? Someone with first hand experience would be invaluable in this situation.
Friend of mine has been using it for years in his four tanks, keeps sps In one, lps and softies in another, a seahorse tank and lastly a BTA tank with fish with no issues whats so ever. Lfs says they prefer not to use it but can be in emergency's not for the long term.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back