Saltwater tumbleweed: what is your experience with Chaeto?

What is your experience with Chaeto?

• I currently am growing Cheato

Votes: 195 51.0%
  • I have successfully grown Cheato in the past

Votes: 63 16.5%
  • I have grown Cheato in the past with limited success

Votes: 54 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 18.3%

• Total voters

BostonFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had good luck with chaeto growth but grew so fast I could not give it away fast enough and I wanted use of the space in sump it was in, so I pulled it all and went with an algae scrubber which i still utilize
How much does an algae scrubber for a 90 gallon cost? I need an overflow mine broke anyone selling one?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How much does an algae scrubber for a 90 gallon cost? I need an overflow mine broke anyone selling one?
Check marketplace section
Scrubbers can range from $150-$500
Smaller unit should work for a 90g

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chaeto here

pax bellum Arid N18

bi weekly harvest on a 75. i usually leave a baseball size portion after harvesting and give the rest to my LFS
pax bellum.jpg

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like above used a hang on the back setup. The unit was made by Finex, and is not available any more. I discovered growing it was best with little light, and flow. I ended up transferring it to my sump on my larger tank. It ended up growing rapidly but made a huge mess because of my ignorance about it. the container was full of slime ( I don't know what ) It almost wiped out my mushrooms. Not a big fan now

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like above used a hang on the back setup. The unit was made by Finex, and is not available any more. I discovered growing it was best with little light, and flow. I ended up transferring it to my sump on my larger tank. It ended up growing rapidly but made a huge mess because of my ignorance about it. the container was full of slime ( I don't know what ) It almost wiped out my mushrooms. Not a big fan now
key is to harvest it frequently to avoid burnout and die off closest to the LEDs as it becomes denser. when it starts dying off it will slime up closer to the fixture & release nutrients back into the system. Been there, done that LOL

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back