Vca

20180821_223254.jpg

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came in on this build, it's looking good. Good job on the stand, it's a nice one. I'm seeing more and more people using those nozzles, I may have to give them a shot on my frag tank. I run an eshops sump, you wont be disappointed, I enjoy mine a lot.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the sump was actually being switched out for a trigger sump but I went to drill it for 1.5 overflows and pretty much destroyed it so went back to my old sump just a few things I don't like about it other than that it is a good sump. the nozzles so far are great they are doing exactly as they advertise the only gripe I have with them is I bought the 1inch with the threaded adapter for the 1 inch bulkead and the threads are to small so they don't tighten all the way and if you put to much pressure on them they pop out I have so far put a ton of thread tape on them it has helped but they should not be doing that. I will be adding some liverock either tonight or tomorrow then should have it all switched over by next week

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be making an oak mount stained the same color as the stand and all of the wires will be routed threw the wall at some point will be selling the center kessil and adding 2 radion xr15 g4 just for the way they make the corals pop. I have had way better success with the kessils than I did with the 6 years I had the radions but the colors do not pop as well with the kessils

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. I went from an A360 to an XR15G4 Pro and I'm wishing the A360 was more powerful because the colors were better. To each his own, eh?

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what percentage did you run them at on my 90 gallon I was at 70 percent for 4 hours then a 3 hour ramp up and down anything higher than that the corals where not happy same with the radion

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They max out at like 150 par. I think I ran them around 60%. I run my radion at 70% intensity but I think it is actually like 55%. The way EcoTech shows power is unhelpful IMO.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back