Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
starting my first build thread
tank sc aquariums 120gallon with shadow overflow
eshopps gen 3 r300 sump
octo elite 220 skimmer (replaced 2023) current skimmer bubble king mini 200 highly recomend this skimmer.
core 15 pump
3 kessil 360we will be removing one and adding 2 radion xr15w for better color(2022) added 2 new kessil A360X with a radion XR15pro
Neptune apex newest version
2 mp40
caribsea life rock
stand is custom built by me out of solid oak
coming soon apex Doser
added (2024) ice cap algae scrubber highly recommended.
tank is being delivered tomorrow stay tuned for pics of the build

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great and I’m looking forward to the pictures!

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the shadow overflow fitted

20180809_192625.jpg

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is dirty I get home so late from work I just test fit the overflow overall the tank is built really well and I have no complaints my buddy has the redsea reefer 125 and I prefer this tank over that one and I saved a ton of money

20180809_192636.jpg

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed the end piece on that end to add a glass door that will be black and will add a false wall to hold all of my apex gear and the electronics. I am receiving my return bulkheads tomorrow along with the vca return nozzles so water will start tomorrow night. I have not started a new tank in a long time I have 50 gallons from the old tank all the rock and most of the sand as soon as I get the tank up and going is it safe to just add all my live rock and sand and corals or will I still have to wait a few weeks for the tank to cycle first I think I will be just fine adding them now and the it will go threw a mini cycle

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed the end piece on that end to add a glass door that will be black and will add a false wall to hold all of my apex gear and the electronics. I am receiving my return bulkheads tomorrow along with the vca return nozzles so water will start tomorrow night. I have not started a new tank in a long time I have 50 gallons from the old tank all the rock and most of the sand as soon as I get the tank up and going is it safe to just add all my live rock and sand and corals or will I still have to wait a few weeks for the tank to cycle first I think I will be just fine adding them now and the it will go threw a mini cycle

Are you adding any additional rock? Once you fill the new tank and test it all out running, you should be able to add the rock and life from the vat. Just be careful to match salinity, temperature, etc.

You could drip acclimate anything extra sensitive like invertebrates, anemones, fish, etc. just to be extra careful. The rock and coral should be fine if parameters match.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 20 more pounds to go with the 60plus I already have just to add some more volume I also have marine pure in the sump along with the corals yeah I figure just match the paramaters and it should go just fine I transferred all the livestock over to a stock tank over a week ago and its doing just fine so figure the tank will be the same

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back