OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A year ago I took my ozone offline i had it running off my apex with the orp probe. I just could not stand the smell even with carbon over the skimmer lid and the out put. I have been running carbon changed weekly in a mesh bag and it still gets threw the bag and was making a mess in the sump. I went back to ozone run on the lowest setting I have it run 2 hours while no one is home during the day and 2 hours at night while everyone is sleeping . I could not be happier the tank is way clearer on ozone over carbon and I don't have to buy carbon anymore and no one smells the ozone its a win win. Ozone makes the water look like it doesn't even exist compared to carbon its not even close in comparison

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey nice nice setup. Just went through and read your hole thread. The wood workings very high level, your own work on the scrubber is crazy cool but glad it’s working for ya and That nem is awesome.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you i am going to get a new sump this summer and will be doing the bottom of the stand differently mostly for cable management and making it easy to access things

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I keep them isolated from each other I mixed lower end nems black widow and rainbows and over time the rainbows would wipe out the widows. So learned my lesson. I also noticed when kept separate they grow a lot faster and have better extension.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump is getting there slowly hiding wires and waiting for more red and black pvc to get ride if the white. Tried adding my algea scrubber back to the system messes with it for 2 hours and all 2 hours reminded me why I hate the one I have so took it back out will replace it with buds scrubber once the new one comes out
20210603_193125.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back