SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we see the Johnsons and Earls?
I've been contemplating picking up the rhomboid pair for tank 2.
Are all these wrasse housed together?
On Edit my bad I missed the fts with pretty much all of them in it:D
Whats the water volume on the 425?
I have a shallow 80 with 24x48 foot print im seriously considering doing all wrasses in it!
Tank foot print on my 425 is 47x22.6x22. I'm overstocked. I need another tank bc Reef Pro keeps getting in killer wrasses! LOL I'd save yourself the $$ and just pick up one of their male rhomboids. If you get the pair you'll eventually end up with 2 male rhomboids that will fight in a 80... unless you have more than one tank?

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earl's (sorry for the heavy blues)
earls.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank foot print on my 425 is 47x22.6x22. I'm overstocked. I need another tank bc Reef Pro keeps getting in killer wrasses! LOL I'd save yourself the $$ and just pick up one of their male rhomboids. If you get the pair you'll eventually end up with 2 male rhomboids that will fight in a 80... unless you have more than one tank?
Right on. I have 2 identical shallow 80's. Separate tanks but I already have the mystery wrasse in 1. Im ok with having only him in the 1 tank as there's only a cpl more worker fish going in that and its complete.
Thank you for heads up on the pair. Yes @Reefpro keeps dropping insane fish sometimes I'm afraid to look. I'm wanting to get a few more kinks worked out of tank 2 before I load it with fish and he's not making that easy haha. Need to build a cover for that tank as well.
What other wrasse would or could you add to that group if you weren't already overstocked? I know for sure there's 3 or 5 on your list that I have to have lol

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on. I have 2 identical shallow 80's. Separate tanks but I already have the mystery wrasse in 1. Im ok with having only him in the 1 tank as there's only a cpl more worker fish going in that and its complete.
Thank you for heads up on the pair. Yes @Reefpro keeps dropping insane fish sometimes I'm afraid to look. I'm wanting to get a few more kinks worked out of tank 2 before I load it with fish and he's not making that easy haha. Need to build a cover for that tank as well.
What other wrasse would or could you add to that group if you weren't already overstocked? I know for sure there's 3 or 5 on your list that I have to have lol
If I could squeeze in another it would be H. leucurus (grey head wrasse) males are stunning IMHO. What are your must haves?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're very poor shippers, but otherwise they're as hardy as any other halichoeres wrasse. It was a long road to get my radiant. I could never find one locally so I had to go the shipping route and every time I tried one they were either DOA or died within a day or 2 of shipping. TSM Aquatics had some last year so I tried them and was finally successful. They packed her so well that she had zero signs of stress when I got her. She ate as soon as I put her in the DT and never hid. I've had her a year now. I recommend TSM Aquatics and Reef Pro for more delicate wrasse species both of these vendors really know their stuff when it comes to properly packing a delicate shipper.

nice i'll check TSM out, I do know of them but have get to place an order. unfortunately all my fish have to be fished in. no LFS within 2,5 hr drive each way. it been rough shipping as of late. glad yours made it!

fallowing!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The macros were very pretty, but they made coral placement in the rock work nearly impossible. They did however provide a haven for my copepods to reproduce like crazy!

My current wrasses are:
H. melasmapomus - earmuff
H. biocellatus - red-lined
H. iridis - radiant
H. melanurus - melanurus
M. negrosensis - black leopard
P. attenuatus - diamond tail flasher
P. lineopunctatus - line spot flasher
C. rhomboidalis - rhomboid fairy
C. johnsoni - johnson's fairy
C. earlei - earl's fairy
A. femininus - blue striped tamarin

My other fish:
One spot foxface
Lamarck's angel - she's on her final warning
Lawnmower blenny

I have a heavy bioload so I have a big Tunze skimmer and do frequent water changes.
That’s one awesome wrasse list!!!:oops::eek::cool:

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wrasses are insane!! The coral are nice too… ;)

I especially like the coloration around Earmuffs chin.
Thanks! I have a slight wrasse addiction ;Hilarious

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back