Wrasse Resort

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guess what day it is...;):)
IMG_20230130_161621_276.jpg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your build thread. Love all the wrasses. Nice looking tank!
Thank you! My tank isn't all that exciting since I'm not the greatest at keeping corals, but I do love my wrasses!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! My tank isn't all that exciting since I'm not the greatest at keeping corals, but I do love my wrasses!
Oh cmon Salty you’ve got a great tank! Some FTS :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:?

Also thx with the Tusk help :)

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good! I want to see something unique. Regal angels are soooo last month!
Alright well I can‘t be “lost in the wrasses” and not have a wrasse as a center piece lol. I’ll tell you in your thread and post it in mine later but let me give you a sneak peak. Now what could this be….
1675395565754.png

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright well I can‘t be “lost in the wrasses” and not have a wrasse as a center piece lol. I’ll tell you in your thread and post it in mine later but let me give you a sneak peak. Now what could this be….
1675395565754.png
Looks a lot like a Harlquin Tusk close up.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a lot like a Harlquin Tusk close up.
Yea it is lol I already spilled the beans on Slocke’s and my threads. Whatcha think about this guy over a Regal Angel?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it is lol I already spilled the beans on Slocke’s and my threads. Whatcha think about this guy over a Regal Angel?
It matters not what I think. What matters is that it’s your all-time favorite! For the record though, if this had been in your original options, I would have chose it.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per Lost's thread:
You may find that, rather than psychoanalyze people, I mostly just observe and ask questions while taking part in discussions I find interesting. If you want to have philosophical discussion, fire away with questions, though I am coming from the standpoint of a learner as well who has no profound wisdom of my own to share.

Since you asked... most of what I analyze about you is pretty obvious from your posts here on your thread, so nothing amazing on my part: you know how to keep a good reef tank, your photography skills are above average, you like to join in the fun, you really like your wrasses (enough for me to think of you first as the familiar "expert"), you have a helpful attitude while maintaining reasonable respect and humility, you know how to ID (especially ocean live rock critters)...

This is starting to look like I'm just trying to get brownie points or it's starting to sound creepy... not my intention at all!

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha neither one of those things came to mind. Like I said I find this interesting. All very good observations and I appreciate the very nice compliment about the wrasses. If I weren’t too old to go back to school, I would love to get my PhD in ichthyology and biodiversity. Maybe in the next life.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per Lost's thread:
You may find that, rather than psychoanalyze people, I mostly just observe and ask questions while taking part in discussions I find interesting. If you want to have philosophical discussion, fire away with questions, though I am coming from the standpoint of a learner as well who has no profound wisdom of my own to share.

Since you asked... most of what I analyze about you is pretty obvious from your posts here on your thread, so nothing amazing on my part: you know how to keep a good reef tank, your photography skills are above average, you like to join in the fun, you really like your wrasses (enough for me to think of you first as the familiar "expert"), you have a helpful attitude while maintaining reasonable respect and humility, you know how to ID (especially ocean live rock critters)...

This is starting to look like I'm just trying to get brownie points or it's starting to sound creepy... not my intention at all!
She taken lol. Agree salty is incredible and her tank is amazing. We need her to see how amazing her reef is!
come on salty we’re is that confidence

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha neither one of those things came to mind. Like I said I find this interesting. All very good observations and I appreciate the very nice compliment about the wrasses. If I weren’t too old to go back to school, I would love to get my PhD in ichthyology and biodiversity. Maybe in the next life.
I'm interested in getting a PhD in icthyology or marine biology as well if I could go back about 15-20 years!
Actually, that would come in line after several other degrees: luthiery, orchestral cello or viola, psychology, nursing, carpentry, farming, more fields and levels of engineering... I might need 20 more next lives!
In reality, though, I'll just keep being a lifelong learner in my fields of interest beyond continuing my practice in my field of occupation (currently design engineering).

At least I am never bored!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back