OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry I still like you lol. But first comes first serve and Salty is normally the first. Type quicker! I also realized where I had seen that wrasse and it’s your profile right!?
His profile pic oinks!

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty much the same care as any other Halichoeres right? That fine fellow may make an appearance in my tank :D
It's a close cousin to Chrysus and Iridis. All 3 have similar behavior and size.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry I still like you lol. But first comes first serve and Salty is normally the first. Type quicker! I also realized where I had seen that wrasse and it’s your profile right!?
I’m not around much except private messages. I scan wrasse thread to see what awesome fish you all get sometimes.
ha yes that’s the fish but my first one. Lost all wrasse beginning of year ugh
It's a close cousin to Chrysus and Iridis. All 3 have similar behavior and size.
And again lol

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to go back and look. Some how I didn’t see that post. Maybe because I’m special or maybe under the influence or probably both
I missed it too haha!

dumb and dumber harry GIF

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it! I never noticed you keep deep sand bed don’t you?
Yes it’s pretty deep in some spots. In the back corner where 2 of my wrasses bury it’s about 6”.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS - taken with an iPotato so it looks like a black light party in there lol

CD69D7E5-FAA5-47F9-A637-84B6EB2E66AE.jpeg
You know for the longest time I was trying to find out where exactly the Zoa rock was in the tank thinking the Zoas I saw was a reflection…….anyone else tired? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those Pandora's that have taken over the frag rack?
The bright pink ones are everlasting gobstoppers you can't tell in the photo, but they have a bright green mouth. The duller pink ones are playboy bunnies and there's also some king midas mixed in. I'm really glad I didn't let any of those grow off the frag rack because they grow like weeds. They've also covered the entire underside of the frag rack and are growing up the glass. That's determination.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bright pink ones are everlasting gobstoppers you can't tell in the photo, but they have a bright green mouth. The duller pink ones are playboy bunnies and there's also some king midas mixed in. I'm really glad I didn't let any of those grow off the frag rack because they grow like weeds. They've also covered the entire underside of the frag rack and are growing up the glass. That's determination.
All of those that you mentioned are as bad as Pandoras in a healthy tank lol.

The only good thing is that you can frag and trade them for store credit most of the time. I have also noticed that they can grow by my acros and do not bother them. As to where most zoas irritate the acros and cause stn. For that reason, I left an opps frag that fell onto my rocks and in-between them where it was. I now have gobstoppers growing under the massive Steve-a-pora and it covers the rock nicely lol.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider Gobstoppers to be in the Pandora class of growth for sure.

I started with 5p on my frag tank Overflow box early last year. They grew like crazy in every direction eventually up into the weirs and I didn't notice the slow water level rise until it was Maybe a quarter inch from the top of the glass. I scraped them All off and trashed them. A stray polyp got loose and is now growing around the mangrove trough. It looks cool but those bad boys will Grow!

I like the look of your rack.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back