Wrasse Resort

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they are quit on NTM. Under tank and back of tank I can hear the ramp up and down of the water coming though the impellers. If I run them constant they do get a big loud. Was running on and off NTM and recreated set 80% but know just NTM because I had to reset them again. The pumps I like but Ecotech just stinks at app’s and communication. Red Sea I controlled them with apex and never an issue.

Hemi was high in the tank looking for food. Opened feed door and got food in white out him running away! I’m starting to become his feed me friend! Think lucky 7 is a winner.
They are quit? What’s quit? The wavemaker quits?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear I’ll get better pictures……..one day. Haha

it definitely won’t be while they’re in the observation tank. Sunlight hits it for a good part of the day and adds a bad glare and algae growing like crazy.
How big is your Earl? He looks big in your picture. Mine eats trying to compete with the big boys but he only gets wider.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your Earl? He looks big in your picture. Mine eats trying to compete with the big boys but he only gets wider.
Oh yea, mines a big boy. I just grabbed a tape and put it up by the tank and watched him swim by it. He’s pushing 5”. When he’s about mid tank(apprx 12” behind the tape) he’s over the 4” mark when he lines up with the tape.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea, mines a big boy. I just grabbed a tape and put it up by the tank and watched him swim by it. He’s pushing 5”. When he’s about mid tank(apprx 12” behind the tape) he’s over the 4” mark when he lines up with the tape.
That’s a huge Earl! He could eat mine

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
flyby... ;) :)
IMG_20230329_163807_974.jpg

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a huge Earl! He could eat mine
Lol. Yea he runs the tank. I’ve thought about getting a tang just to shake things up and put him in his place. Hahaha

I love watching him, his colors can go from so faded his belly is white to the such a deep rich purple. Such a beautiful fish.

how big is yours?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Yea he runs the tank. I’ve thought about getting a tang just to shake things up and put him in his place. Hahaha

I love watching him, his colors can go from so faded his belly is white to the such a deep rich purple. Such a beautiful fish.

how big is yours?
In qt mine had a lot of orange and colors were deep. Since he has been in display he been very faded. Tonight he is flashing and colored up good. He is 2.25 - 2.5” max. He doesn’t fear others and even body slammed the ear muff. Everyone try’s to push him around but stands his ground.
Tangs shake things up. Mine spend all day trying to keep all the wrasse from the tangs rocks. At bed time the tangs go nuts with large amount of wrasse hitting their rocks. Total dung Show.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In qt mine had a lot of orange and colors were deep. Since he has been in display he been very faded. Tonight he is flashing and colored up good. He is 2.25 - 2.5” max. He doesn’t fear others and even body slammed the ear muff. Everyone try’s to push him around but stands his ground.
Tangs shake things up. Mine spend all day trying to keep all the wrasse from the tangs rocks. At bed time the tangs go nuts with large amount of wrasse hitting their rocks. Total dung Show.

haha I can picture that. Mine reminds me of my lineatus. Not really a bully but kind of jerks and don’t take any lip. He is a total baby when it comes to people though. It’s taken a lot of time for him to come out when I’m close and I usually have to be sitting down or he goes behind his favorite rock and peaks out at me. He’s gotten better though.

mine will get a nice orange streak when he gets excited. Soooo….basically whenever I feed since there’s no other wrasse in the tank. I can’t wait to watch him again with other wrasse in the tank. I’ll be able to get some good photos and videos soon.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha I can picture that. Mine reminds me of my lineatus. Not really a bully but kind of jerks and don’t take any lip. He is a total baby when it comes to people though. It’s taken a lot of time for him to come out when I’m close and I usually have to be sitting down or he goes behind his favorite rock and peaks out at me. He’s gotten better though.

mine will get a nice orange streak when he gets excited. Soooo….basically whenever I feed since there’s no other wrasse in the tank. I can’t wait to watch him again with other wrasse in the tank. I’ll be able to get some good photos and videos soon.
And I thought he would be soft. Mine was always pretty friendly but once I added him to the others he follows me around. Not because I’m cool but for food I’m sure.
But yes Earls are unique. Different shape and that face is like no other wrasse.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I thought he would be soft. Mine was always pretty friendly but once I added him to the others he follows me around. Not because I’m cool but for food I’m sure.
But yes Earls are unique. Different shape and that face is like no other wrasse.
Yea when I watch mine and he makes eye contact and feels like he’s trying to figure me out or size me up haha. They’re very cool fish. I’m glad I was able to get one.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s all on your list
Next on the list is to get another c. Shutmani. Still bothers me that I lost the last one when the tank leak happened.

after that I’m not really sure, it’s a toss up between a few different wrasses or getting some ignitus anthias. If I go with more wrasses the ones on the list are c. Nahackyi, p. Bellae and/or a c. Lunatus. There’s a couple others I’m interested in as well that could get subbed in at any time. Lol.

there’s so many I want it’s hard to choose. I’ve started planning a 200 gallon tank but it will likely be a while before I move forward. One of the deals I made with myself is this tank has to be filled out with coral colonies and thriving before I can order the big tank.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next on the list is to get another c. Shutmani. Still bothers me that I lost the last one when the tank leak happened.

after that I’m not really sure, it’s a toss up between a few different wrasses or getting some ignitus anthias. If I go with more wrasses the ones on the list are c. Nahackyi, p. Bellae and/or a c. Lunatus. There’s a couple others I’m interested in as well that could get subbed in at any time. Lol.

there’s so many I want it’s hard to choose. I’ve started planning a 200 gallon tank but it will likely be a while before I move forward. One of the deals I made with myself is this tank has to be filled out with coral colonies and thriving before I can order the big tank.
Where is all the leopards. Don’t waste time with fairy’s lol. That’s a pretty nice list As something cool pops up grab

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is all the leopards. Don’t waste time with fairy’s lol. That’s a pretty nice list As something cool pops up grab
Maybe on the next tank. I’m running bare bottom and don’t have a spot to hide a container for sand really. And I love my fairies and flashers. Haha

ever since I saw a certain someone’s tank when I first got on r2r I’ve wanted to do the same. I freaking loved that tank and all the different wrasses.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe on the next tank. I’m running bare bottom and don’t have a spot to hide a container for sand really. And I love my fairies and flashers. Haha

ever since I saw a certain someone’s tank when I first got on r2r I’ve wanted to do the same. I freaking loved that tank and all the different wrasses.
Certain someone? Who could that be?

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certain someone? Who could that be?
Hunter's tank maybe? Oh or maybe Mike & Terry's tank their tank was AMAZING and full of awesome wrasses.

Back