OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not tried either. I tried eel once and ewwwwwww...... yuk.....
Don't get me wrong. Propper sized fish are going to get eaten
But, people should still be able to keep them if they like.

Indonesian's illegally tnt fish. I'm not sure if they stopped breaking the law. But it's all to get a certain surgeon fish. I can't recall the name.
I agree eel is ewww... definitely a friend and not food! Yuck

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i read a post from Jay earlier this morning. I'm offically on the no damsel list after reading halichoeres is thev3rd most prone fish to get uronema. :*(
I didn't think an established halichoeres could get uronema I thought they were susceptible to it while enduring the stress and conditions of the supply chain, did he say they can get it at anytime from an infected damsel? Ek!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't think an established halichoeres could get uronema I thought they were susceptible to it while enduring the stress and conditions of the supply chain, did he say they can get it at anytime from an infected damsel? Ek!
I could ask him

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could ask him
No worries! You don't have to do that I was just curious. I try to stay out of the disease forum. Too much Tony Bologna in there.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did anyhow. I can quarantine damsels, but dont think i need them now
I never liked damels to start with, not even as a little kid liking fish I liked damsels, I don’t trust them lol

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not allowed to post in disease forum. Makes someone look more foolish. It’s a shame this place had so many great people and now it’s the copy and past show. The good is he doesn’t keep saying your fish is dying because you don’t feed garlic with the shrimp scampi now

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not allowed to post in disease forum. Makes someone look more foolish. It’s a shame this place had so many great people and now it’s the copy and past show. The good is he doesn’t keep saying your fish is dying because you don’t feed garlic with the shrimp scampi now
So, once established, are halichoeres still vulnerable to urno, or more resistant?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, once established, are halichoeres still vulnerable to urno, or more resistant?
I’ve always figured them as most resistant as I haven’t seen one that isnt once fully established or additions to a tank or minimized and calcualted

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve always figured them as most resistant as I haven’t seen one that isnt once fully established or additions to a tank or minimized and calcualted
No other fish is now going into the display without quarantine. Uronema is terrifying.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great way to say it without saying the name.. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I called him out on that and he got offended lol.. I’m the one who started the h202 experiments with Dino’s about 15 years ago and the started the original thread on here that gets cut and pasted…

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my opinion and based off nothing.
All fish have same risk but established tanks, good food, and peaceful environment makes managing easier. I do believe wrasse that stress easy slows the parasite to out compete their immune system. Things like shipping and acclimating to new tanks.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing it could be in my tank forever scares the heck out of me :face-with-head-bandage::downcast-face-with-sweat:
Meh… I threw in 12 chromis that are notorious for it and 8 died fast and I’m sure it’s from just that.. no other fish were infected! Just keep your kids well fed “fat and happy” and diseases aren’t a big deal..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back