Wrasse Resort

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to snap a pic of my Johnson’s flashing tonight. I tried to capture his electric purple highlights when he flashes, but my camera doesn’t pick up the purple very well.
002C43DD-CE81-411D-9600-62AD01CBB29B.jpeg
Super cool.

My orange (still yellow phase) shoulder has some Incredible color when flashing, i can never get it on camera or video

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super cool.

My orange (still yellow phase) shoulder has some Incredible color when flashing, i can never get it on camera or video
Thanks!

Didn’t know tangs flashed. Very cool.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

Didn’t know tangs flashed. Very cool.
Oooohhhh boy.. I'll take a video only putting one algea clip of nori.. the tangs and wrasses all get super flashey, to the point that only the dominant one or two (plus clowns who think they are supposed to) are eating it and everybody else is just posturing. Brilliant Vibrant colors. The blonde naso, Desjardini and orange shoulder the most.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a stunner!
Any good nutrition in nori for wrasse? I always wonder but look at it as a way to keep their belly’s full to keep them happy
Thanks!
I think the only benefit for a wrasse is some extra carbs and minerals. My fairies and leopards have always eaten it, but I've never seen my halichoeres wrasses eat it.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any new additions from your LFS venture ??
I had planned on picking up some new corals, but they had a very small anampses neoguinaicus (china wrasse) that I thought about 3 x so.... :)
She hit the sand shortly after I added her last night so once I'm able to I'll post some pics.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had planned on picking up some new corals, but they had a very small anampses neoguinaicus (china wrasse) that I thought about 3 x so.... :)
She hit the sand shortly after I added her last night so once I'm able to I'll post some pics.
Cant wait for some pictures!! I love that species (Not as much as Chrysocehalus though), my second favourite Anampses.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant wait for some pictures!! I love that species (Not as much as Chrysocehalus though), my second favourite Anampses.
Oh man I'd love to have a Chrysocephalus! Never could get my hands on one before Hawaii shut down.

OrionN posted pics of his terminal male Neoguinaicus the other day and it made me want one again. I've also been eyeing a pseudojuloides splendens. I've never kept a pencil wrasse before.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I'd love to have a Chrysocephalus! Never could get my hands on one before Hawaii shut down.

OrionN posted pics of his terminal male Neoguinaicus the other day and it made me want one again. I've also been eyeing a pseudojuloides splendens. I've never kept a pencil wrasse before.
I’ve been eyeing up some of the Pencil wrasses recently, I almost pulled the trigger on a chrysocephalus before Hawaii shut but then didn’t take it (I regret that decision since I probably would’ve still had it today). One of the pencils I’ve been looking at was Pseudojuloides severnsi, I think my LFS has a female in but I’m unsure if it’s definitely a female severnsi or if it’s a different species of pseudojuloides.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been eyeing up some of the Pencil wrasses recently, I almost pulled the trigger on a chrysocephalus before Hawaii shut but then didn’t take it (I regret that decision since I probably would’ve still had it today). One of the pencils I’ve been looking at was Pseudojuloides severnsi, I think my LFS has a female in but I’m unsure if it’s definitely a female severnsi or if it’s a different species of pseudojuloides.
Nice! Are you going to take a chance and get her?

I would love to see a P. labyrinthus... or a P. paradiseus would be incredible!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Are you going to take a chance and get her?

I would love to see a P. labyrinthus... or a P. paradiseus would be incredible!
I don’t know, I may try but she is rather small and I would have to grow her out (I don’t think the nano would be able to hold more wrasses). I may try see if I can hold her till she gets bigger though!

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite wrasse is a Halichoeres poeyi. Mine is finally starting to come out more and more in the mangrove lagoon after 2 weeks of being in there.

Best pic I could get.

tempImageyvJug1.png
Very cool! I saw 2 of them at my LFS last night, I haven't seen them in years! Very personable wrasse once they get acclimated.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know, I may try but she is rather small and I would have to grow her out (I don’t think the nano would be able to hold more wrasses). I may try see if I can hold her till she gets bigger though!
She'd do fine in your main tank if you parted with your chloropterus ;) Is she still sparring with your iridis?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! I saw 2 of them at my LFS last night, I haven't seen them in years! Very personable wrasse once they get acclimated.
I collected mine. It was just barely within the slot limit for it.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You've got skills!
Skills is this guy. Wrasse native to Florida are easy lol. Little mysis in a black net and they swim right in lol.

Sharptail eel. It is now in its forever home with a friend of mine. Nver could get a good pic lol.

tempImage4lX9Kp.png

tempImagejEvOXl.png

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You've got skills!
Yes Steve does.
Skills is this guy. Wrasse native to Florida are easy lol. Little mysis in a black net and they swim right in lol.

Sharptail eel. It is now in its forever home with a friend of mine. Nver could get a good pic lol.

tempImage4lX9Kp.png

tempImagejEvOXl.png
By the way for both of you. Raised mag a little over 1500 and rhomboids eye looks good. Seems he can’t see or has bad vision in it but pop eye is gone. He misses food on the bad side and also hit things. He tries to always favor the good eye

Back