SAMPLE STORAGE AND ITS IMPACT ON PO4 MEASUREMENT AND ICP MEASUREMENT RESULTS (PART 2)

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IIRC, Triton says they have already evaluated effects over time and see no significant changes.
Can you share their data, report, slides so we can evaluate? Conflict of interest is a good reason to be skeptical about their conclusion.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share their data, report, slides so we can evaluate? Conflict of interest is a good reason to be skeptical about their conclusion.

Nothing so elaborate. We asked if the time in shipping was an issue due to bacterial growth or precipitation, and they indicated that they had tested it and it was not. I don't have the exact link, but I think it was in the chemistry forum here.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find the Triton answer I was looking for, but Craig Bingman discussed stability and shipping here:

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find the Triton answer I was looking for, but Craig Bingman discussed stability and shipping here:

Thank you thank you thank you!

Here is the link to the Skeptical Reefkeeping article at the top of this post that examines Triton’s claims. Boy oh boy!

After reading this article, I feel that @Rick Mathew ’s observations and the mechanism proposed for ICP phosphorous measurement inaccuracies are probably correct. I hope he has the budget to determine whether 2% nitric acid helps improve ICP results, though it might then turn out that hobby ICP results are inherently noisy.

Dan

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back