OP
OP
RyanHoan

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RyanHoan I couldn't find any information on Precision Marine's website on Pro Series sumps. Are they still making that line? Which model is it? Also, do you have any fish grazing on your Ulva?

Hello! I think PM changed their website recently. A was able to find the exact sump a few months ago, but now it has been removed from their website. I’m sure you can email them and go from there. It’s a great sump. Love it!

I know have a few buddies chewing on the ulva: a pencil urchin, a sea hare, Lenny- my lawnmower blenny, and Neil- my yellow tang. They’re doing a great job at controlling it.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I think PM changed their website recently. A was able to find the exact sump a few months ago, but now it has been removed from their website. I’m sure you can email them and go from there. It’s a great sump. Love it!

I know have a few buddies chewing on the ulva: a pencil urchin, a sea hare, Lenny- my lawnmower blenny, and Neil- my yellow tang. They’re doing a great job at controlling it.
@RyanHoan thanks for the heads up on the PM sump it looks like a good sump although I have two replacement sumps for my reefer 250 by Synergy Reef Systems. I bought the TS-26 model which is 26 inches long for the Triton method but I'm now thinking I don't want to go that method so I bought another from them. It's a CL-26 custom cut down to 24 inches with a chamber for dual 4 inch filter socks. I had the length custom shortened to accommodate equipment in the cabinet and plans to incorporate a Klir fleece filter in this sump as well.

How many gallons is in your sump's refugium chamber?

OP
OP
RyanHoan

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I love my sump but those synergy reef ones look cool too. My refugium is around 8 gallons.

BTW- My sea hare is destroying my Ulva. SO glad I got one!

OP
OP
RyanHoan

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank will be 6 months old next week!

Can someone please provide guidance on how to upload videos with good quality

Last edited:

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks really good. can't believe its a reefer 250 - you fit a lot in there lol. How did you get rid of all that ulva?

and for better videos, upload directly to youtube from your phone and record in landscape. if you have an iPhone go to your settings and record in 1080p at 60fps - way better video quality.

OP
OP
RyanHoan

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks fellas, and thanks for the tip, reeflab!

ulva:

a few things contributed to its downfall:

- my water was too clean (running GFO and nopox). My chaeto wasn’t growing at all. I decided to stop using GFO, then my chaeto took off and started to compete with the ulva

- I added a sea hare! Unfortunately I also added a Nero pump a few days ago and the hare got destroyed :/

I removed GFO because I noticed that my corals were starving (see hammer on right side of tank). Now everything is doing great and I’m finally getting good coralline coverage!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back