Sand bed help

MelbourneReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK having an issue here and cannot figure out the problem, I thought it was just from vacuuming my sand bed but it is not as it's been going on for about a week now. It seems during the day I get a heavy build up of some sort of brown detritus all over the sand towards the nighttime it starts to look like it's clearing up, and in the morning it's normally almost all gone. But then the next day some point it kicks back up and covers all my sand I do have a skylight that is now shining on the tank at a small portion of the day but it has never affected the tank before any help would be great thanks!
IMG_0340.JPG
296635364e4ae7c33dcbb5524d99d7f4.jpg
e63862f34a5bdb592bd816ac5a5e9a04.jpg

p1n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a goby or some kind of sand sifter might help a lil

Girthrockwel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through the new tank uglies and get that stuff. My goby hasn't been doing much to help. Mine is a lazy dog. My ceriths seem like they're trying but don't make much of a difference. I don't know if it's the right thing to do but I've been blasting it with the turkey baster and manually stirring the sand before my weekly water change. Yours looks like it has more coverage than mine. Mine is more patchy.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like cyano bacteria. Low flow over the sand bed will do it. Run some ChemiPure for a week and you will be all good.

OP
OP
MelbourneReefer

MelbourneReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I covered the tank from the sun what it is is when my lights come on during the day the bloom grows super fast and then at night when the lights go off it goes away. In the morning it's almost all gone, this never happened before I've had the lights a few months. Ow

OP
OP
MelbourneReefer

MelbourneReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I covered the tank from the sun what it is is when my lights come on during the day the bloom grows super fast and then at night when the lights go off it goes away. In the morning it's almost all gone, this never happened before I've had the lights a few months. Ow

Also shut up Chris

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back