Sanjay Black Storm clownfish: Any info?

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just bought this little guy from @LiveAquaria . Can't find any info on them anywhere. I know about regular Black Storms as well as Sanjay Black Photons. Not sure the lineage on these guys though. Are these just select breeding from Black Photon offspring? How black with their spots get? Anyone have any info?

UNTITLED.jpg

OP
OP
Aquarist76

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you. That's an awesome diagram. My confusion is with the "Sanjay" label. I didn't know if these were black storms he started making in a similar fashion, or if they were off-shoots of his "Photons".

Any info from @LiveAquaria would be helpful. I've seen no one else selling "Sanjay" labelled black storms or any announcements on the web.

OP
OP
Aquarist76

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given their description shows "Amphiprion ocellaris x Amphiprion percula" it would seem these are different than regular Black Storms.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given their description shows "Amphiprion ocellaris x Amphiprion percula" it would seem these are different than regular Black Storms.

Thanks,
They do look cool.

Have yours shipped in?

OP
OP
Aquarist76

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,
They do look cool.

Have yours shipped in?
Yes, he arrived on Friday and is doing good. Like in the picture the spots are more of a brown shade rather than black (for now at least). Very curious to see how dark they get.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Aquarist76 Good morning, I apologize for the delay--We wanted to check in with the Coral Farm OPS manager to gain some clarity. These were Black Storms Sanjay bred from a pair of Black Storm Clownfish. He mentioned they will darken as they get older. He did notice the scientific name was incorrectly displayed, we apologize for this! They should have been A. Ocellaris only. There was confusion when they were labeled because Sanjay Black Photons are a cross.

If you or any followers are interested, our team member Eric in the Coral Farm did a recent video on the LiveAquaria® Diver’s Den® Deep Dive: Sanjay Reverse Black Photon Clownfish-which is interesting and informative

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

OP
OP
Aquarist76

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Aquarist76 Good morning, I apologize for the delay--We wanted to check in with the Coral Farm OPS manager to gain some clarity. These were Black Storms Sanjay bred from a pair of Black Storm Clownfish. He mentioned they will darken as they get older. He did notice the scientific name was incorrectly displayed, we apologize for this! They should have been A. Ocellaris only. There was confusion when they were labeled because Sanjay Black Photons are a cross.

If you or any followers are interested, our team member Eric in the Coral Farm did a recent video on the LiveAquaria® Diver’s Den® Deep Dive: Sanjay Reverse Black Photon Clownfish-which is interesting and informative

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

Well that's a bit disappointing. So these are no different than regular Black storms then? Listing them as a hybrid was a bit misleading.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back