Santa’s Question of the Day

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Christmas is my favorite holiday. Mostly because I love seeing the little smiles on my kid’s faces when they wake up in the morning. Everyone is always in a good mood.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
For me it’s always been Christmas because of the trees and the lights. And not to mention my Birthday is Dec 23rd.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Used to be Christmas, but as I get older, I pretty much like them all, and treat them all the same. If I had to pick 1, I suppose its 4th of July which means fireworks, warm weather (pool time) and the World Series of Poker which I play in every year :D

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Christmas!
It has always been my favorite holiday growing up. Didn’t have much but it was always fun back home. Christmas starts during the “BER” months and everybody is always happy. Always makes me miss home when it comes around. 25 years later with a wife and 6 kids, we still love it. They’re my only family here as I’m the only one who came to the US. Haven’t been home for Christmas since I cane over due to kid’s schedules. We make the most of what we have and enjoy one another during the Yuletide season.

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
To help the Secret Santa members get to know each other, I will be posting questions.

The first question is what is your favorite holiday and why?

Definitely Halloween. I love Halloween. I used to decorate the house like crazy, and I was the only one in the office to go in costume. I still have pumpkins on my front steps.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
4th of July as it's the only day we can legally blow stuff up!!!

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Halloween, I can rake in pounds of candy and I love making my own costumes. But then black Friday is fun too... (IT COUNTS AS A HOLIDAY)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Here's a question, where are the people receiving there Gifts ???

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Found my recipient on the list.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
The little name abive their address is on the master list

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Christmas. Its the most wonderful time of the year. But you all already knew that.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
There are So many reasons why I choose Xmas. You see the grumpy ones at work all year and suddenly there is a change in their mood. It cant be the cold weather but rather the sense of peace and compassion shown by those who too recognize the spirit of the season.
In the word "Christmas" is Christ, whom we can celebrate His Birth this special time of the year, The smell of fresh pine, the beautiful light displays, visiting Family, special friends, even strangers who seem to be warm and friendly than any other time, and we can't skip treats, food, sharing time with others, gifts,,and blessings in our own way, especially those who are in need - even the presence of the Red Kettles.
If this is not spirit, I don't how else to explain it, and " the Joy of the season on the face of our children is Priceless ".

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m not sure I have a fav holiday it’s always been Xmas but since now that I work in a trauma center it’s opened my eyes. The fact it brings families together and kids smile etc is so heart warming to me. At the same time I see and recently have seen so many good people just get so sad and think bad things about themselves. It’s sad when a child comes into the er and you ask them have you been good for Santa this year. They say yes, but won’t matter because he never comes to my house. Or they ask for a different family, it’s like ahhh what does one say in response. The fact I get to help them is amazing and there have been a few kiddos who have come in and when we asked what they wanted from Santa they told us. A few of my coworkers and I, all pitched in and tried to help a few of them. We helped a few adults and older as well, which is amazing when you see their smile. But still feel bad for those that we can’t of just not able to.

So yes xmas has always been my favorite, but I have also seen it’s the most stressful on people as well. If I could have anything for Xmas I would prefer something to make each person happy, even if it’s just for that short period of time. They could forget the cruelest parts of our society. I had a little girl ask me if Santa would bring her food because she was hungry. I had one of the hospice girls get her a happy meal. When we tried to offer to get them groceries the parents sternly refused. But sorry for the vent, still love xmas because maybe I will get a few people to smile and be happy.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back