OP
OP
saramachen

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice full rock scape with lots of caves very similar to mine in a XL300.
96lbs of rock, 70ish gallons of water.
My oldest was already guessing who was going to live in what cave and called it a “neighbourhood” lol.

Really like the natural looking scape .
Thank you.

OP
OP
saramachen

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are coming along. Skimmer is still waiting to be cleaned lol.

I need to mount my power bars in the cabinet. I am not using the stock ATO system. I am keeping my 5g Carboy and ATO unit from the 25g. So the power bars need to be outta the way.

I think for corals I would like to start with a zoa garden, and a toad stool leather. I have my 1 lonely red mushroom to move over as well.

my planned fish
CURRENT:
2 extreme gladiator Perc’s
2 black storm clowns (pick up Saturday)
1 Bengaii cardinalfish
1 tailspot blenny
WANT:
Lemon Peel angel (reef safe?!?)
Fathead sunburst anthia
Whitetail bristletooth tang
At some point a green Mandarin

Tank was at 0ppm ammonia so I gave it another small dose. Should be 1ppm. Will test at lunch and then daily after work.

OP
OP
saramachen

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a day!

everyone is moved!!!!

I even managed to find the itty bitty Pom Pom crab.

I introduced the 2 pairs of clowns at the exact same time, one front left corner, other back right. And when they finally found each other there was no fighting!!

A couple small pieces of rock moved from small tank to refugium, where my emerald crab is living for the moment.

now I hope and pray it’s not to big a bioload

08E056CA-658B-4B7F-B1E3-822F64011CE8.jpeg
51957192-913B-4E3C-9233-A69CF031DB7A.jpeg
43FEC022-B1D4-4F7A-B419-848D8C6A9B20.jpeg

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a day!

everyone is moved!!!!

I introduced the 2 pairs of clowns at the exact same time, one front left corner, other back right. And when they finally found each other there was no fighting!!

A couple small pieces of rock moved from small tank to refugium, where my emerald crab is living for the moment.

Looks great !
Now time to let it mature and get some colour .

OP
OP
saramachen

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great !
Now time to let it mature and get some colour .

yep!! Although I will say I am glad I used the purple rock and not the stark white. It may look the same green in the end, but the white looks so sterile.

my beautiful feather duster was “injured” during the move. He had grown twice the length, under the sand, and he was rooted solid to the floor. I am going to find a good supportive spot for him today, hopefully he can rebuild.

All my clowns were swimming this morning . I didn’t see my the Bengaii or Blenny but it’s pretty dark and lots of caves still. I just did a quick check on the clowns.

although I shoulda looked at the ammonia badge quick too.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep!! Although I will say I am glad I used the purple rock and not the stark white. It may look the same green in the end, but the white looks so sterile.

my beautiful feather duster was “injured” during the move. He had grown twice the length, under the sand, and he was rooted solid to the floor. I am going to find a good supportive spot for him today, hopefully he can rebuild.

All my clowns were swimming this morning . I didn’t see my the Bengaii or Blenny but it’s pretty dark and lots of caves still. I just did a quick check on the clowns.

although I shoulda looked at the ammonia badge quick too.
Fingers crossed for all the clownfish to get along

If it’s the large feather duster you’re referring to , I’ve never owned one but let’s hope it can repair and re grow .
the rocks ,
It doesn’t take long at all to start seeing different growth and colour changes .
To add any rocks now seams weird . It looks to have tons of colour before adding it , but once in the system it looks very white .

any plans on adding Xenia ?

Attachments

• 609C436F-68A0-4F4F-A9B7-81EF74FF8A54.jpeg
    609C436F-68A0-4F4F-A9B7-81EF74FF8A54.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
saramachen

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed for all the clownfish to get along

If it’s the large feather duster you’re referring to , I’ve never owned one but let’s hope it can repair and re grow .
the rocks ,
It doesn’t take long at all to start seeing different growth and colour changes .
To add any rocks now seams weird . It looks to have tons of colour before adding it , but once in the system it looks very white .

any plans on adding Xenia ?

I probably will add Xenia. I don’t have any real islands, so they could take over tho. I need some beginner stuff tho!

my mushroom frag didn’t make it. Not that it necessarily died, but it wasn’t very securely attached to its Frag (it had wandered down the edge), and when I looked this morning the plug was bare. It’s either floating somewhere (I should check my overflow) or it got sucked into a powerhead :( sad too cause it was my first mushroom, and it had doubled in size from when I got it. He was very happy in his home in the 25g

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably will add Xenia. I don’t have any real islands, so they could take over tho. I need some beginner stuff tho!

my mushroom frag didn’t make it. Not that it necessarily died, but it wasn’t very securely attached to its Frag (it had wandered down the edge), and when I looked this morning the plug was bare. It’s either floating somewhere (I should check my overflow) or it got sucked into a powerhead :( sad too cause it was my first mushroom, and it had doubled in size from when I got it. He was very happy in his home in the 25g
The first bunch of rocks I had I bought them from a guy closing his tank .
sad thing was every rock was covered in purple mushrooms .
too many and I really only bought them for the live rocks .
I kept 50% and nuked the rest .
xenia …. It started with one small frag 3 years ago in the 90 gal tank .
I wiped out that tank by accident and the only thing to live was Xenia , palys and gsp

The bunch in the picture above everything died except for maybe 5 polyps .
this is 2 years later .

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for gsp .
this is it .
it was a massive carpet covering the entire side of my 90 gal
Now …. 2 golf ball size pieces

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 26

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a day!

everyone is moved!!!!

The first picture ?
What’s that square brick like object at the top right ?

OP
OP
saramachen

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture ?
What’s that square brick like object at the top right ?

so when I started cycling the tank I soaked a biobrick in MB7 and cycled it along with the rock.

Brandon429 (I think that’s his handle) told me to scrap the bio brick - the rock was enough and any established media should go in the tank not the sump when I moved it over anyway - that’s where the waste builds up. So for the sake of nitrifying bacteria I stuck it on top of the rocks temporarily .
I piled a lot of new rock in there and just wanted the back up.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so when I started cycling the tank I soaked a biobrick in MB7 and cycled it along with the rock.

Brandon429 (I think that’s his handle) told me to scrap the bio brick - the rock was enough and any established media should go in the tank not the sump when I moved it over anyway - that’s where the waste builds up. So for the sake of nitrifying bacteria I stuck it on top of the rocks temporarily .
I piled a lot of new rock in there and just wanted the back up.
Brandon429 …
Rocks are all great yes but if they are from a established system that’s more than enough. .
He is full of cycle info .

OP
OP
saramachen

saramachen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a hot minute

Everyone is doing well! I lost no one in the move! I actually thought I lost my mushroom - it was gone from the Frag plug, but I have since found it in a cave! And I was too lazy to remove the plug, and low and behold I have a new mushroom growing!

I’ve seen my Pom Pom crab several times. And I had out my conch and urchin I the sump so they were easy to catch and someone was gonna take them for me, but I kept forgetting. And I was able to move them both into the display as I have algae starting to grow!

my emerald crab is in my refugium (with some of the rock from my old tank) cause he eats corals. I feed him nori, and as soon as I can get my hands on some micro algae he will be much happier.

My clowns are a big happy family. And the Blenny and Cardinal all seem happy. Lots of pods visible when the glass gets dirty.

I switched out my Sicce pump for a Jebao DCP 10000 and I’m much happier. The Sicce is going to become my transfer pump in the mixing station I’m building!

I have all 4 of my AI primes on a Hydra Rail Mount and they look great! I need to rent a PAR meter.

I built my Redsea DIY net cover. It’s very Meh. I will be putting a decent lid on my Xmas wish list.

E80D11CA-1FB7-43BF-A227-2184771E2BE3.jpeg

DC57EEDB-202A-4932-9619-27F8C96D0ED8.jpeg

A908B287-20DD-4DFC-BAA9-1650BEEEE1F0.jpeg

476FFDA5-6BE4-42BF-BDE1-D7341A73825B.jpeg
DB9952CA-08FD-4DC2-A8F2-9010FBE0E7A9.jpeg

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a hot minute

Everyone is doing well! I lost no one in the move! I actually thought I lost my mushroom - it was gone from the Frag plug, but I have since found it in a cave! And I was too lazy to remove the plug, and low and behold I have a new mushroom growing!

I’ve seen my Pom Pom crab several times. And I had out my conch and urchin I the sump so they were easy to catch and someone was gonna take them for me, but I kept forgetting. And I was able to move them both into the display as I have algae starting to grow!

my emerald crab is in my refugium (with some of the rock from my old tank) cause he eats corals. I feed him nori, and as soon as I can get my hands on some micro algae he will be much happier.

My clowns are a big happy family. And the Blenny and Cardinal all seem happy. Lots of pods visible when the glass gets dirty.

I switched out my Sicce pump for a Jebao DCP 10000 and I’m much happier. The Sicce is going to become my transfer pump in the mixing station I’m building!

I have all 4 of my AI primes on a Hydra Rail Mount and they look great! I need to rent a PAR meter.

I built my Redsea DIY net cover. It’s very Meh. I will be putting a decent lid on my Xmas wish list.

E80D11CA-1FB7-43BF-A227-2184771E2BE3.jpeg

DC57EEDB-202A-4932-9619-27F8C96D0ED8.jpeg

A908B287-20DD-4DFC-BAA9-1650BEEEE1F0.jpeg

476FFDA5-6BE4-42BF-BDE1-D7341A73825B.jpeg
DB9952CA-08FD-4DC2-A8F2-9010FBE0E7A9.jpeg
Looks great !
Mushrooms will do that . As that’s how they reproduce leaving their foot behind whipe they seek a new location . The old foot will grow into a new mushroom .

jeabo dc pumps are great .
I have a 9000 running my skimmer , a 15000 as my return pump , and a 6000 for mixing new water .

I am thinking of changing the return pump for a 20000 but only when it’s needed .

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back