OP
OP
Savo

Savo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a couple mistakes this week. When i was place some of my frags i use a lot of the epoxy putty and it flooded my skimmers. I also bought a few more fish and i think one of them jump out and got eaten by my little dog. I haven't seen it since i put it in the tank and my dog keeps starring at the ground when he comes near the tank. Never done that before :(

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a couple mistakes this week. When i was place some of my frags i use a lot of the epoxy putty and it flooded my skimmers. I also bought a few more fish and i think one of them jump out and got eaten by my little dog. I haven't seen it since i put it in the tank and my dog keeps starring at the ground when he comes near the tank. Never done that before :(

I clicked like for support, but there was not much in that post to like. I did laugh a little picturing your dog with a sheepish look.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i figured it out the same day i posted the message. I never did get a apex wxm module. I got a reeflink when i purchased my radions and have yet to hook up my vortech. Does it make a difference using the apex wxm with vortechs? I'm have them in anti sync mode/reef crest at 80%
I'm not sure of the Vortechs as to which is better, Reeflink vs WXM. But if you ask me, which is better for Radions, Reeflink vs WXM, I'd pick the WXM.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reeflink-vs-wxm-which-one-should-i-choose.329743/

OP
OP
Savo

Savo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pictures of the tank. I ordered the chaeto reactor for marine depot, it will be here on Tuesday. I'm hoping it will combat the algae on the rock and not eat up all my nutrients.

IMG_3517.JPG

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3519.JPG

IMG_3520.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

OP
OP
Savo

Savo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like my chaeto came with some copepods and now they have bloomed. They are all over my glass and inside the reactor. Time for me to order a Mandarin

ReefersDelite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you think you’ll be harvesting chaeto? I’m asking because I’ve contemplated one but my issue is I use the reactor for GFO and carbon and it’s sucks every time I need to open the reactor up to change the media because I loose so much water. It’s only every 30 days so it’s not too bad but I’m afraid I’d have to empty it more with chaeto.

OP
OP
Savo

Savo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you think you’ll be harvesting chaeto? I’m asking because I’ve contemplated one but my issue is I use the reactor for GFO and carbon and it’s sucks every time I need to open the reactor up to change the media because I loose so much water. It’s only every 30 days so it’s not too bad but I’m afraid I’d have to empty it more with chaeto.

It only took 9 days for the chaeto to fill up the canister.

mosash

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been one week having the chaeto reactor and it has grown a lot. I wish my acros grew this fast.

CFC64BB9-E4AB-4C02-9DE5-53D18A6D2749.jpeg

I don't have enough space for a refugium quite yet and I'm torn between running a media reactor with gfo or do the macroalgae reactor. What results have you been seeing with macroalgae reactor?

OP
OP
Savo

Savo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have enough space for a refugium quite yet and I'm torn between running a media reactor with gfo or do the macroalgae reactor. What results have you been seeing with macroalgae reactor?

Two days shy of two weeks running the chaeto reactor and i've noticed a huge difference in algae growth. Its almost completely subsided.

mosash

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days shy of two weeks running the chaeto reactor and i've noticed a huge difference in algae growth. Its almost completely subsided.

That's great to hear. I was reading some comments and some people were being critical of this not working for tanks as large as ours.

OP
OP
Savo

Savo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed my lobo has huge sweeper tentacles and they are touching a few of my other corals. Should I be worried? I don’t want him stinging my scoly.

When I bought him online they said he was ultra lobo and when I got him his color was lacking. I now know what they meant by ultra long tentacles

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back