Saw this at the store. Need info if NPS or photosynthetic

xinyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Would like to know if this one is hard to keep/ nps. Or easier/ photosynthetic. Very purple base and yellow polyps . Origin most likely pacific

20210603_233025.jpg

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!
OP
xinyan

xinyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Honestly idk if its nps or not. Polyps are out daytime and night time. I do feed a lot of reef roids to all my corals and its been doing well so far

Avast

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This looks like Menella, a non-photosynthetic gorgonian from the Indo-Pacific. Unfortunately, brightly colored gorgonians are almost invariably NPS.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure this is an NPS variety as well. However, if you want to know for sure you can mail me a tiny piece (doesn't have to be preserved in any special way just a tiny speck in wet paper towel in a ziplock bag, and I can put it under my microscope and see. Or if you know of anyone with a strong enough microscope, you should be able to see the zoos if they are there.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've noticed when it comes to gorges, it seems that anything that's red, yellow, or orange or bi colored, is NPS.
Blue berry bushes of course are blue but the stems aren't the same color so I'd consider that bi-colored.

PremiumAquatics.com