OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Where did you get the rocks from?
They are BRS Reef Saver rocks.

I'll post some updated pics soon. My rainbow BTA split today!

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank looks great.

how is the regal with your SPS? nipping a lot?
Thank you. I'll post a pic heavy update around December 1st as I've made some changes and have gotten the DSLR out to get some good pics.

The regal is a perfect resident. He doesn't pick on anything and gets along with all of my other fish.

Here's a new frag I added yesterday. It's the first one to be cut from the Mother colony. Sunburst Milli. It's by far the brightest Milli I've ever seen:

Sunburst Milli.jpg

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thank you. I'll post a pic heavy update around December 1st as I've made some changes and have gotten the DSLR out to get some good pics.

The regal is a perfect resident. He doesn't pick on anything and gets along with all of my other fish.

Here's a new frag I added yesterday. It's the first one to be cut from the Mother colony. Sunburst Milli. It's by far the brightest Milli I've ever seen:

Sunburst Milli.jpg

very nice, I saw this on facebook. I assume that is where you got it from. The color on the mother was insane and looks like the frag has great colors too. I hope it stays that way for you!

Interesting about the regal, makes me want to get another but my last one was really bad as it grew up and started to take some decent size bites out of the tips of my SPS so I had to remove it.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice, I saw this on facebook. I assume that is where you got it from. The color on the mother was insane and looks like the frag has great colors too. I hope it stays that way for you!

Interesting about the regal, makes me want to get another but my last one was really bad as it grew up and started to take some decent size bites out of the tips of my SPS so I had to remove it.
That's too bad about your Regal. Mines still a juvenile so he could change his behavior, but so far so good, and he's one of my favorite fish. I love angels so I've picked the most "reef safe" ones to add to my tank. I also have a pair of Watanabei's in there, but these will be my only angels

Regarding the Sunburst Milli, you are correct. Normally with all the grease applied to photos on FB, I expect them to come in less colorful, but this one actually matched the pics. Here's a pic of it taken in actual sunlight before I dipped it:

Sunburst Milli Daylight.jpg

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That's too bad about your Regal. Mines still a juvenile so he could change his behavior, but so far so good, and he's one of my favorite fish. I love angels so I've picked the most "reef safe" ones to add to my tank. I also have a pair of Watanabei's in there, but these will be my only angels

Regarding the Sunburst Milli, you are correct. Normally with all the grease applied to photos on FB, I expect them to come in less colorful, but this one actually matched the pics. Here's a pic of it taken in actual sunlight before I dipped it:

Sunburst Milli Daylight.jpg

that looks awesome. I will be following along to see how it progresses along with everything else!

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Triton ICP results today. Most things are looking good. posting here for future reference.

Attachments

• 20181109 ICP.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 161

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow what a journey! I love build thread its like reading a good novel...haah

I am thinking about this tank to. may I ask a cpl questions ?

what size are the filter sock holders? 4" or 7"
hows the wav pumps treating you I hear they are hit or miss.
I love the special grade reef sand to my fav. sand. but thinking of going BB any regrets on using sand? my tank will be mostly LPS but a true mixed reef.

keep up the great work and cant wait for the updates.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow what a journey! I love build thread its like reading a good novel...haah

I am thinking about this tank to. may I ask a cpl questions ?

what size are the filter sock holders? 4" or 7"
hows the wav pumps treating you I hear they are hit or miss.
I love the special grade reef sand to my fav. sand. but thinking of going BB any regrets on using sand? my tank will be mostly LPS but a true mixed reef.

keep up the great work and cant wait for the updates.

Thank you. The tank is really starting to look good!

The filter socks are 4", but they are specially made by Red Sea so normal 4" socks don't fit unless you cut the plastic ring. I have 8 of them so I can switch them out no problem, but I only use them when I'm doing a WC. I stir things up for a day or 2 prior to the WC so the socks can pull lots of stuff out, then I remove them after the WC. I run the Red Sea filter cups filled with Siporax the rest of the time.

My Wav pumps have been awesome so far. I have not had any problems with them. Hopefully that continues to be the case as I have heard of some others who haven't been happy.

No regrets on the sand. I've done BB before, and for me, I just like the looks of the sand. I try to keep it clean by stirring and vacuuming when I do WC.

I absolutely love the tank. I just wish they made an even bigger one!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. The tank is really starting to look good!

The filter socks are 4", but they are specially made by Red Sea so normal 4" socks don't fit unless you cut the plastic ring. I have 8 of them so I can switch them out no problem, but I only use them when I'm doing a WC. I stir things up for a day or 2 prior to the WC so the socks can pull lots of stuff out, then I remove them after the WC. I run the Red Sea filter cups filled with Siporax the rest of the time.

My Wav pumps have been awesome so far. I have not had any problems with them. Hopefully that continues to be the case as I have heard of some others who haven't been happy.

No regrets on the sand. I've done BB before, and for me, I just like the looks of the sand. I try to keep it clean by stirring and vacuuming when I do WC.

I absolutely love the tank. I just wish they made an even bigger one!

thanks for the replay.
good to know they are 4" I am hoping to use the 4" cups I have with filter floss changed out every 3 days.
glad the wav's are working great for you good vibes they continue to!

ah I keep going back in forth on BB or that sand. about to order a tank so guess I should make up my mind.

+1 one a bigger one like a 240 or 300 deep be bad butt

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the replay.
good to know they are 4" I am hoping to use the 4" cups I have with filter floss changed out every 3 days.
glad the wav's are working great for you good vibes they continue to!

ah I keep going back in forth on BB or that sand. about to order a tank so guess I should make up my mind.

+1 one a bigger one like a 240 or 300 deep be bad ***
Yes I'd love to see a 300 made by RS! Good luck with yours. Make a build thread!

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool setup! Do you have any more photo's of your lighting rig? I've a 750xxl on order, and will be transferring contents from my 90 gallon over. I currently have xr30's on individual mounts, but am looking for more ideas for different mount options. I am planning on using 4 XR30g4 pro's however have not decided if I should use the individual tank mounts, or build a hanging system for them, similar to how you have your's. Thanks!

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets get an update on how everything is doing!
LOL I know right... I was going to do a big update on December 1st, but got very busy with work and the holidays, then in mid December things started to go downhill in the tank. It took a week or two to figure out the problem, but I resolved it. I promise I will post a big photo heavy update around Feb 1 and will update much more often going forward. In the meantime here's acouple of pics I took last month.

CB Maleficent
CB Maleficent.jpg

Pirates Reef Fruity Pebbles
PR Fruity Pebbles.jpg

xoleras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, how did the Trio of Leopard Wrasses did in there? I got one a few days ago I would l like to get another one

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back