Sawdonkey’s 210 Rebuild / Redo

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s finally happening. After my neighbor’s fire last September, my condo is rebuilt and I moved back in. I’ve ordered a new 210 gallon tank, a glass holes overflow kit, a 40 breeder for a sump, and a custom acrylic baffle kit.

Over the weekend, I rebuilt my old stand and fixed the things that always bothered me. I put two thick coats of flex seal on the lower part of the stand, so if anything ever leaks, it will hold about 20 gallons better than a kiddie pool and will keep my new hard wood floors safe.

Here’s my old tank that’s been running in this condition for more than six months. No filtration, only one water change. Somehow there are a still a couple of SPS alive and of course, my two triggers are still in there.

6e6b4093eff22bbaa654316a7d81c10e.jpg

Here’s the stand after putting one coat of white on it. One more coat and then I fix the walnut veneer. I’m then going to sand and re-finish the whole walnut stand and canopy.

eedd71c449916dc2e84c3d0e95a2c42c.jpg

This is where it will go, same place as before:

1f164d2036173dbc914fe7e2a7e9f965.jpg

Last edited:

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back following this build ! !

Congrats on getting the reboot started. And as your significant other would say "Hurry up and get the room emptied. Baby's going to need a room ! !"

;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....and by the way, there is a serious deadline on this build. My first child is scheduled to arrive in 5 weeks and the only tank is currently running in the future nursery.

So you have a week to be safe? Haha

Can't wait to see version 2.. The original was amazing.

pscheel2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. The other tank was amazing. Gratz on soon to be daddy.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She wet!

f6f2c0b207fd1c26b69730118a20b545.heic

I’m going to be running this with no skimmer and no sump for a few days while I wait for some plumbing fixtures to arrive. I didn’t order a few pieces I need and trying to be all fancy, I used schedule 80.

I’m under pressure to get the old tank out of the future nursery so contractors can finish drywall Inc , paint, and carpet. Only one month until I have a child, so this needs to go quickly.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape....mostly done except for some fine details and a bunch of epoxying to do.

Added two bags of CaribSea Florida crushed coral for substrate. (Hence the cloudiness)

Apex delivers Wednesday. Never had a controller besides a RKL lite that was essentially as heater controller. Gonna build a legit cabinet for my electronics. Buying a kindle fire to use as a dedicated apex display (that works, right)

Orpheks will arrive in a few days.

Gonna put my manifold in and run carbon and GFO for a while to absorb all of the death that was on my live rock.

My wife is due in less than two weeks so I gotta get all of this out of the way now.....or it’s never getting done!

5866f5c8465f3343666610ea0dfbcadc.heic

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape....mostly done except for some fine details and a bunch of epoxying to do.

Added two bags of CaribSea Florida crushed coral for substrate. (Hence the cloudiness)

Apex delivers Wednesday. Never had a controller besides a RKL lite that was essentially as heater controller. Gonna build a legit cabinet for my electronics. Buying a kindle fire to use as a dedicated apex display (that works, right)

Orpheks will arrive in a few days.

Gonna put my manifold in and run carbon and GFO for a while to absorb all of the death that was on my live rock.

My wife is due in less than two weeks so I gotta get all of this out of the way now.....or it’s never getting done!

5866f5c8465f3343666610ea0dfbcadc.heic

Congratulations!

The aquascape is pretty sweet as well.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful room and can't wait to see this reef mature!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back