OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, right after a got all of these frags, dinos showed up. Now I’m battling those and trying to keep the frags alive while the get covered in dinos every day.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've mostly beat my dino issue and my frags are coming around. I thought I'd post some pics so I can look back at these in six months and say, "wow, these have grown a lot!" This isn't my best (or even good) camera work, but here we go:

Here's a blue tort from a friend. It was crazy blue in his tank, browned out in mine, and is now showing some blue again.
ABlueTort.JPG

This is CRT (Coralreeftank) Lemon King. High hopes for this one, but doesn't look like much yet:
ACRTLemonKing.JPG

BC Dragonfly. The dinos loved to stick to this one. It lost its yellow, but is coming back:
ADragonFly.JPG

Foxfire
AFF.JPG

FHC (Fraghouse Corals) Rainbow Loom. High hopes for this one too.
AFHCLoom.JPG

No Namer from CRT. Looks like Pinky The Bear, but with yellow tips!
AGoldenBear.JPG

BC Kenberry. I got a pack from Adam and this was the smallest frag in the bunch. Thought I was going to lose it to Dinos. Doing well though.
AKenberry.JPG

BC Nilbog Resident. Completely browned out but is showing some color again.
ANilbog.JPG

No Namer from a local buddy. Looks dope in his tank.
ARCUknow.JPG

This is a half frag of BC Schizo Sunset. It was doing really well....until yesterday when I can only suspect that one of by triggers broke it.
ASCHitzo.JPG

More to come tomorrow.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more new ones. Keep in mind that these are all colored down due to my recent dino issue and keeping my lights turned down because of it.

Another no-namer from CRT. No idea what this will look like when colored up.....and that's exciting.....or not.
ACRTUknow.JPG

FHC Golden Rainbow
AFHCGolden.JPG

BC Glowstick- This is one I used to have, gave to a friend, and he cut me a frag.
AGlowstick.JPG

BC Reef Ready Grape Juice.
AGrape.JPG

Inland Tropical Punch - Pretty excited for this one to take off. Lots of different colored polyps.
aInland.JPG

Mossball Milli - Just kidding, this is a no-namer from CRT.
AMossy.JPG

PC Rainbow - Pure green. Again, one I gave to a friend...and he resupplied me after my crash.
APC.JPG

CRT Peachy Delight. This think is dope. I got a two-piece frag from CRT and the dinos got one piece of it. The other is super bright and it seems to be growing fairly well.
APeachy.JPG

TGC (Two Guys) Pearly Gates- This looked dope when I got it....then it greened out, but it's growing nicely.
APearly.JPG

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And....Most of the rest:

Pinky The Bear - Again, given to a friend...and given back to me.
APinky.JPG

CRT Purple Haze
APurpleHaze.JPG

Shades of Fall - This browned out all the way, but it'd coloring up rapidly.
AShades.JPG

CRT Star Killer- Looked dope in his tank.....not as much in mine. High hopes though.
AStarKiller.JPG

TGC Pink Cadillac - Not doin' too much
ATGC Pink Caddy.JPG

Vivid's Rainbow - Another one of my old pieced given back to me. For those familiar with this....it's a tough one to color up.
AVivid.JPG

WD Nub
AWD.JPG

BC Xmas- Used to have this and re-bought it from Adam because I loved it. It will get really red with glowing yellow
AXMas.JPG

RR Event Horizon
CRTEvent.JPG

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy has a colony of the Merlin’s that’s bigger than any I’ve seen in person or online. It’s gotta be six inches across or more. This frag/chunk didn’t even dent it.
The Merlin's is a beautiful coral. I am not sure if you seen my pic but I bought this unnamed coral from WWC that looks just like it in my opinion.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple more new ones. Again, beat up from mounting and yet to color up. This is just to track growth over time. I promise I'll take better photos going forward.

RR Poison Ivy - Pretty beat up
XP1120023.JPG

RC Arabiatta Mili
XP1120025.JPG

No Name Sunset
XP1120035.JPG

CRT - Red Unknown. I have a feeling this one was sold by me. Sold to by friend by that person.....and sold back to me!
XP1120037.JPG

Tubbs Mystic Blue
XP1120039.JPG

BC Spainbow
XP1120042.JPG

Aquaman
XP1120067.JPG

Route 66 Merlin's Staff
XP1120074.JPG

Bubble Gum
XP1120083.JPG

Lepto
XP1120089.JPG

TGC Pink Cadilac
XP1120102.JPG

Inland Tropical Punch
XP1120148.JPG

UC Bali Shortcake
XP1120158.JPG

CRT Peachy Delight
XP1120173.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the dino problems seems to be gone. My only lingering issue is that my nutrients are a little high, so I’m growing a little algae on my sandbed and rocks. I’ve not had any algae-eating Fish until last weekend when I bought a yellow tank. I’m also doing a ten gallon water change every other day or so just so I can vacuum my sandbed.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New guy. This is the first time in many years that I've thrown a fish in with out QT'ing. Yes, I know better, but with a new baby, I just cant set up a QT. I saw him flashing a bit and that scares me, but he's eating and looks good.....we'll see.

P1130426.jpg
P1130453.jpg

Oh, and the Merlin Staff is killing it! More coral shots coming soon. Things are still frags, but I'm getting great colors under the Orpheks. I'm probably going to add Orphek's 60" strip (Sky Blue) when it comes out.
P1130561.jpg

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running a red/blue grow light over my fuge and I pulled a ton of algae out tonight. I’ve got chaeto, dragons’s breath, some hair algae stuff that is super soft and fern-like, and some coarser sea-weed like algae.

My chaeto has not grown at all from what i can tell, my dragon’s breath seems to be growing slowly, but the other two naturally-occurring algae’s are growing grow like crazy. My nitrates and PO4 are both low, so this must be an effective export of nutrients.

7c2cb397b98c967569ed7b0fbf0cd337.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back