Sawdonkey’s 210 Rebuild / Redo

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4a95abd0-f867-4438-a890-e5351c320e88-jpeg.1223388

This one is nice, it looks identical to my TGC Northern Crush.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
51D6A8BB-577D-4D43-9F42-910F6FB7D127.jpeg
Uh, this is ok in an SPS tank, right? I’m not putting a lot of effort in to lower them, but they won’t get lower than 50. Coral colors are good, but could be better. Glass gets dirty quicker than I’d like.

I run biopellets, but less than two cups. I recently added some siporax. I recently upgraded to a larger skimmer And it seems to produce well. I only do water changes about once per month (45 gal on a 250 gallon system). I feed mostly nori and pellets, but once a week, I feed my eel about four big shrimp. Yeah, I know, I have big dirty fish, but I really don’t want to get rid of any of them.

Should I do more water changes (I’d rather not)? Should I add more biopellets? Do I not have enough rock? Should I add more Siporax since I only added two liters. Should I just do nothing since my corals are colored and growing?

twf0369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your entire thread. Well done. Would you be willing to share your lighting program with the Orpheks? Also, do you dose or use a calcium reactor?

Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your entire thread. Well done. Would you be willing to share your lighting program with the Orpheks? Also, do you dose or use a calcium reactor?

Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

Thank you and thanks for reading through it all. I just run kalk through my topoff for alk and cal, nothing else. However, I’m considering a calcium reactor just to keep things more stable.

Here’s my Orphek schedule:
FE597A00-5DA2-4A1B-8CF3-5DB19BA529FD.png

twf0369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek How can I see which program I'm currently running? I went in and created a profile in the app, although it never asked me to name it. When finished, it said "sent" but now when I open the app I'm back at the slow acclimation mode??

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What calcium reactor did you install?

I got the Tunze 3171. It’s probably a bit small for my tank and the verdict is still out on it. It uses suction so you don’t need peristaltic pump. still trying to find the right amount of effluent and CO2 to keep my alk steady.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Tunze 3171. It’s probably a bit small for my tank and the verdict is still out on it. It uses suction so you don’t need peristaltic pump. still trying to find the right amount of effluent and CO2 to keep my alk steady.

How’s that ca reactor working?

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s that ca reactor working?

Hate it! It is supposed to use suction to draw water into the reactor and eliminate the need for a peristaltic pump. However, the effluent rate always slows down over the coarse of a few days, drop almost comes to a stop, and I have to manually readjust.

Roger at Tunze has been a great help, but after about 20 emails back and forth and constant tweaking. I’m about to throw this thing in the garbage and go with the proven peristaltic/Geo route.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back