Saying hello… Refugee from California!

LotsaFishies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello hello!

My name is Chris, just moved here to Nashville from San Diego a few weeks ago. I owned and operating an aquarium servicing company is SD for the last 15 years - sold it last month, moved here to Nashville, and am buying a smaller established servicing company here as well... hitting the ground running! Will be starting up a small coral aquaculture setup at some point.

Hoping tofinally set up a decent personal reef tank as well.. maybe a 180+.

Current pets include (2) dogs, (10) Poison Dart Frogs, Russian Tortoise, Softshell Turtle, and (2) Conures

Howdy! :)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, aka"LotsoaFishies" I've seen that name around San Diego. Best of luck and success in the new location. I can't blame you for leaving California. Glad you will still be around here!

Welcome to Reef2Reef

OP
OP
L

LotsaFishies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, aka"LotsoaFishies" I've seen that name around San Diego. Best of luck and success in the new location. I can't blame you for leaving California. Glad you will still be around here!

Welcome to Reef2Reef

Heyo! Indeed, I was very active and had a very strong presence on the “SanDiegoReefs” forum.. had been on there for ~17 years!

OP
OP
L

LotsaFishies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a Cali transplant also. Left there almost 8 years ago and never looked back. I’m in Dickson County now, just west of you.
Welcome to the forum!
Mike
Oh nice! I was out in Centerville this morning for a client, then up to Brentwood & Belle Meade

Will be picking up a custom tank for a client from Glass Cages, there in Dickson, near the end of the month!

RichardinTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello hello!

My name is Chris, just moved here to Nashville from San Diego a few weeks ago. I owned and operating an aquarium servicing company is SD for the last 15 years - sold it last month, moved here to Nashville, and am buying a smaller established servicing company here as well... hitting the ground running! Will be starting up a small coral aquaculture setup at some point.

Hoping tofinally set up a decent personal reef tank as well.. maybe a 180+.

Current pets include (2) dogs, (10) Poison Dart Frogs, Russian Tortoise, Softshell Turtle, and (2) Conures

Howdy! :)
Welcome. You mentioned dart frogs- I used to own Black Jungle, maybe you were a customer? I do mostly birds now and sone other exotics.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. You mentioned dart frogs- I used to own Black Jungle, maybe you were a customer? I do mostly birds now and sone other exotics.
You own a bird shop???
We have a Grey and a Senegal. Had some great bird shops in CA. Now everything comes from Chewy. Used to buy from Fosters and Smith but they sold out to Petco. Always willing to travel a little for a good bird shop.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back