**SBB**- $1,500 Games, Giftcards, Prizes- by codybot-Football Party!!!! 750 WYSIWYG +150 Auctions!!!- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just catching up on the thread. @pandaparties your tank is always fascinating to me. It's like you took every reefer challenge and said "hold my beer". I can't imagine people wanting a giant 600g tank with a ray and a shark and then also go out and decide it should house high end acros.

The anxiety that'd give me every night would be crazy. I already obsess over parameters, feeding corals at night, stupid hermit crabs picking at the glued down frags, flow, etc. I can't imagine having to worry about a shark knocking a frag loose.

Cheers to you, you deserve to be the best sniper.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just catching up on the thread. @pandaparties your tank is always fascinating to me. It's like you took every reefer challenge and said "hold my beer". I can't imagine people wanting a giant 600g tank with a ray and a shark and then also go out and decide it should house high end acros.

The anxiety that'd give me every night would be crazy. I already obsess over parameters, feeding corals at night, stupid hermit crabs picking at the glued down frags, flow, etc. I can't imagine having to worry about a shark knocking a frag loose.

I just giggle when Panda posts pictures of the happy flappy sea pancake. Still super jealous of that.... One day, I say.... one day.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just giggle when Panda posts pictures of the happy flappy sea pancake. Still super jealous of that.... One day, I say.... one day.
Make me laugh too, but I don't think "one day" . I bet if BRS had a "black card" like AMEX, Panda would be one of those elusive holders.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hahaha I definitely chose to play on hard mode. Big fish can be challenging and we all know how hard stony coral can be, both together has me pulling my hair out some days that's for sure!

But the few times where it all seems to be going right are really great lol

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hahaha I definitely chose to play on hard mode. Big fish can be challenging and we all know how hard stony coral can be, both together has me pulling my hair out some days that's for sure!

But the few times where it all seems to be going right are really great lol
And we all know the water in Arizona is great!

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make me laugh too, but I don't think "one day" . I bet if BRS had a "black card" like AMEX, Panda would be one of those elusive holders.
Hahaha me and my wife budget pretty heavily and I always get looks when we go over the pet category which includes the fish tank, our four dogs and two cats

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The problem doesn't lie in what's happy now..it's what's happy in a year from now. I just started keeping acros about 10 months ago so I'm no expert but once an acro passes the 3 month mark they seem to do fine barring anything major. I will say that the 400tds will eventually catch up in some element that will absorb in the rock and or sand and leech at some point so I would be wary. Plus water departments can change what they treat with too..so what's fine now may not be later.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The problem doesn't lie in what's happy now..it's what's happy in a year from now. I just started keeping acros about 10 months ago so I'm no expert but once an acro passes the 3 month mark they seem to do fine barring anything major. I will say that the 400tds will eventually catch up in some element that will absorb in the rock and or sand and leech at some point so I would be wary. Plus water departments can change what they treat with too..so what's fine now may not be later.
I think he uses RODI, he was just commenting that the tap is 400tds which is surprisingly low for most of the Phoenix area since we're in a basin and he's semi-close to the Salt River.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he uses RODI, he was just commenting that the tap is 400tds which is surprisingly low for most of the Phoenix area since we're in a basin and he's semi-close to the Salt River.
Oh absolutely, I have an 8 stage rodi. I change all my carbon, pre filters monthly and my resin as soon as my meter in between my second and third resin chambers reads 1.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm convinced my tap water is probably better than most because the sampling station for my municipality is in my front yard lol

RevRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I moved in May only 7 miles away but different city and different county different water supply. I went from getting 700 gallons out of my cheap little rodi filters to about 350-400. I was pretty sad about it. Tds from tap changed from about 180 to 380.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I moved in May only 7 miles away but different city and different county different water supply. I went from getting 700 gallons out of my cheap little rodi filters to about 350-400. I was pretty sad about it. Tds from tap changed from about 180 to 380.
Yep, it's crazy how different one we'll can be to a different well a few miles away. Different water tables.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This video of him is always one of my favs!

hungry feed me GIF

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back