**SBB**- $1,500 Games, Giftcards, Prizes- by codybot-Football Party!!!! 750 WYSIWYG +150 Auctions!!!- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Melanurus wrasse is another good one. Those 3 were what I was considering when I went wrasse shopping. I steered clear of 6 lines because of what @tbrown3589 said.

Yellow Corris is another possibility.

The red line and Melanurus has the stripes if you're looking for stripes.
I love my Melanurus and am waiting for a Yellow Coris to surface.

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! if I go that route I’ll look into one

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Flasher wrasses are much more colorful and pretty but less utilitarian and can be bullied by others. I have considered adding one as my tank is fairly peaceful... For now anyways...lol. My blue eye tang is still a baby.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Speaking of fish, I’m thinking about two more for my tank. An SR 60 for those who don’t know. One is going to be a mandarin and the other is possibly a dwarf angel or wrasse. I was thinking possibly getting either cherub or flame angel. As for wrasse something with some attitude maybe a six line? Amy thoughts?
I found out about assessors after I'm fully stocked. Those look like fun fish, the fact that they swim upside down would make them fun. If I had a bigger tank, I'd get a Naoko wrasse. I hear that they dive bomb the water with rapid down swimming and then back up, sounds like fun motion to add.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flasher wrasses are much more colorful and pretty but less utilitarian and can be bullied by others. I have considered adding one as my tank is fairly peaceful... For now anyways...lol. My blue eye tang is still a baby.
Yeah I think I’ll go with a more utilitarian approach for now. Lots of good options. Maybe not as crazy colorful but I’m looking for a personality that can hold its own

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah I think I’ll go with a more utilitarian approach for now. Lots of good options. Maybe not as crazy colorful but I’m looking for a personality that can hold its own
I went a little ways down the rabbit hole on wrasses and glad I did. So many cool wrasses out there.

Also don't pay a premium for a male, females will transition to males typically anyways.

Now the dwarf angels you're talking about.... I want a flame angel but man I don't know what I would do if it started munching corals....

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Just was looking at LiveAquaria to take a look at options. Melanurus is looking like a real possibility
Bluezooaquatics has a nice selection too. Also Dr Reef if you want quarantined specimen.

Wrasse don't ship as well as other fish, if it's a good shipper they know what to do. Also prazipro is rougher on them.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went a little ways down the rabbit hole on wrasses and glad I did. So many cool wrasses out there.

Also don't pay a premium for a male, females will transition to males typically anyways.

Now the dwarf angels you're talking about.... I want a flame angel but man I don't know what I would do if it started munching corals....
Yeah I hear that. That’s why I’d probably go with Cherub. I’ve heard they’re much less likely to use coral as a salad bar. I’ve thought about using Bluezoo and checked out the site.Are they reliable ? Dr Reef is so expensive. I know why, but I’m on a bit of a budget. Might check my local PetCo. The aquarium section is top notch and the section manager is willing to special order

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah I hear that. That’s why I’d probably go with Cherub. I’ve heard they’re much less likely to use coral as a salad bar. I’ve thought about using Bluezoo and checked out the site.Are they reliable ? Dr Reef is so expensive. I know why, but I’m on a bit of a budget. Might check my local PetCo. The aquarium section is top notch and the section manager is willing to special order
I've not ordered from any of them yet. But bluezoo from my googling is pretty good, Dr Reef being the best. But yeah I hear you about the budget. I did a lot of looking myself.

I managed to grab mine at a fish shop, just wasn't local, but was quarantined and not as expensive as online.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one of the care bears from SBB from two sales ago, it is a stunner. I think you were looking for one during the new years sale, so if one pops up this time I hope you get it.
I lost my care bears. I will be watching for one.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the care bears from SBB from two sales ago, it is a stunner. I think you were looking for one during the new years sale, so if one pops up this time I hope you get it.
They are really nice. If only could afford to replace the glitter bomb that I lost. But Shane doesn’t carry them. Sigh.

Back