SBB Corals- 50 Pop up Auctions are up!!!!! Bid now and get a deal! Win some Gift cards by being active in thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
In my experience, Colorados and Chicagos, and normal rbta don't get along well together. One or the other will almost always melt unless there's a large amount of carbon being used, this suggests allelopathy at play.

Doesn't happen in a tank full of the same strain, so... I guess they're all 'Hi Gerald, Hello Gerald, Hey I know you, You're Gerald, right?" Until you put a Frank in the mix.... Gerald hates Frank.
What about Tim? Do they ever invite Tim to play?

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nobody invites Tim to play, Tim just shows up....
Temptation Island Tim GIF by RTL

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I heard it is chemical warfare and they maybe the release something into the tank into the water flow that kills the other one

every since we heard this rumor we never tried to put 2 different kinds in one system.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i heard if you get different kinds in one tank they may fight. We don't know but is that true?
I’ve only had btas but I’ve heard the same myself. If I had the space I’d love to have a full size carpet nem! I definitely need to get a nem that‘ll survive, my clowns keep annoying my Gonis with attention. One actually succumbed to being loved too much recently. It just went nope, withdrew and eventually died. Even after moving it.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, Colorados and Chicagos, and normal rbta don't get along well together. One or the other will almost always melt unless there's a large amount of carbon being used, this suggests allelopathy at play.

Doesn't happen in a tank full of the same strain, so... I guess they're all 'Hi Gerald, Hello Gerald, Hey I know you, You're Gerald, right?" Until you put a Frank in the mix.... Gerald hates Frank.
Yeah I had 3 rainbow btas and they were fine with each other. I’d hope so cause 2 were split clones. But all were fine in a 30 together .

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only had btas but I’ve heard the same myself. If I had the space I’d love to have a full size carpet nem! I definitely need to get a nem that‘ll survive, my clowns keep annoying my Gonis with attention. One actually succumbed to being loved too much recently. It just went nope, withdrew and eventually died. Even after moving it.
Loved it so much...it loved it into the ground.

pr_diver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then do they ship to vieques? Lol
..jk
No Culebra, . I would have to have it delivered probably to Fajardo or Catãno and take the ferry. It's such a pain to live on a private island, jk. But there are pains sometimes that accompany living on a micro island that's off the coast of another island. Would love to get more variety out here, a lot of locals just host local corals in their tanks

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Culebra, . I would have to have it delivered probably to Fajardo or Catãno and take the ferry. It's such a pain to live on a private island, jk. But there are pains sometimes that accompany living on a micro island that's off the coast of another island. Would love to get more variety out here, a lot of locals just host local corals in their tanks
God knows when the ferry actually runs..it may be someones birthday and they decide to take the day off..lol. Culebra is awesome. It's definately gotten way busier around there in the last 15 years.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hello Everybody to have some fun this week we put up 50 auctions that end next sunday. If you win any of these they will ship out separately from the last new years sale

Happy bidding!!!! thank you all for your support

Click image below to bid now

1673623554170.png

jstiltne

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking forward to returning to some sbb sales in a round or two, i'm going to be around on the thread hunting for the super bowl sale!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back