SBB Corals- Back to School Sale! 500 WYSIWYG coral Drop!!! Prize, games, Gift card Giveaway $1, $5 Corals. Hot New releases!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's different about it? I Find the gel super glue and putty trick works well
Marketing but a summary; I am interested!

52386446-9FC2-4B63-9EBC-35507C888337.png

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marketing but a summary; I am interested!

52386446-9FC2-4B63-9EBC-35507C888337.png
What I hate about the cyanoacrylate is how I can never get through a tube without it closing up on itself the next time I need it and it can be messy.
I didn’t realize the epoxy was so toxic. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve had that stuff all over my fingers and fingernails. At least the Tunze putty doesn’t stick to my fingers.
I will look into SeaTak.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I hate about the cyanoacrylate is how I can never get through a tube without it closing up on itself the next time I need it and it can be messy.
I didn’t realize the epoxy was so toxic. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve had that stuff all over my fingers and fingernails. At least the Tunze putty doesn’t stick to my fingers.
I will look into SeaTak.
I find some of the toxicity claims dubious, since both are used so heavily, but if there is a single solution that sticks to rock and coral, is sturdy, and does the other things advertised (such as just dispensing/storing cyanoacrylate like you mention), that is a big win.

The Tunze putty annoys me somewhat, just sets up a little to quick for me.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find some of the toxicity claims dubious, since both are used so heavily, but if there is a single solution that sticks to rock and coral, is sturdy, and does the other things advertised (such as just dispensing/storing cyanoacrylate like you mention), that is a big win.

The Tunze putty annoys me somewhat, just sets up a little to quick for me.
Agreed.
Yeah the window is short after mixing the Tunze putty.

Wakenbaker420

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sell a lot of chunky frags and even offer colonies. Your packaging is exceptional. You use quite a bit more water than other vendors. PE is always on point right out of the bag. Prices are very fair and you're even willing to negotiate or throw someone a discount code. You keep giving me gift cards too, so that's cool.

The best thing though is you really WANT to sell your coral. You make it hard for us not to buy it. I don't get that impression from many other vendors. You want these frags gone and you do what it takes to make that happen! I think you've done a great job catering not only to just the high end whales, but giving the regular folks a shot at some really nice stuff at a great price.

My only gripe is you basically trapped me at my computer for 3 days straight during the 1000+ frag live sale. I survived on domestic beer and pizza that weekend. It was actually pretty great...
Spot on! SBB sales are off the chains! The thing that keeps me tuned in and coming back is the energy and spontaneity of the thread. Shane keeps it interesting and you on your toes hitting that refresh button. You never know when something amazing will drop. Shane and Ralph are so active in the thread compared to ever other live sale, that's why these threads keep going and going. I've ordered from over a dozen coral vendors in my short year and half saltwater hobby venture and let's just say SBB wins hands down on quality, price and packaging. I also have a SBB dominant tank and ill be a life long customer. Thanks SBB

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the AmericanReef HPD start kit @SBB Corals. I've been spending way too much on frozen and was inspired by your latest video. Getting no3 and po4 on a doser too. I've been hand dosing these up for a while, but I'm way too clumsy and inconsistent. Excited to see how this all works out!

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the AmericanReef HPD start kit @SBB Corals. I've been spending way too much on frozen and was inspired by your latest video. Getting no3 and po4 on a doser too. I've been hand dosing these up for a while, but I'm way too clumsy and inconsistent. Excited to see how this all works out!
I still hand dose nitrate because it stays somewhat steady. Here's what i have to dose for phosphate to keep it at .07ish.

Screenshot_20220921-185854_X1 Pump.jpg

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still hand dose nitrate because it stays somewhat steady. Here's what i have to dose for phosphate to keep it at .07ish.

Screenshot_20220921-185854_X1 Pump.jpg
Interesting. Po4 usually isn't difficult for me to keep up, but I do struggle with nitrates. If I feed normally with no dosing, they will bottom out in a couple weeks. Po4 will drop too, but that has been easy enough to raise with dry food. My only export is a skimmer.

I definitely like the idea of both on a doser. If I over or undershoot my target nutrients...well if I'm in the ballpark, it should at least be a slow rise or fall. I tend to just wing it with feedings and while I've gotten pretty good at that, it's definitely led to some swings.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Po4 usually isn't difficult for me to keep up, but I do struggle with nitrates. If I feed normally with no dosing, they will bottom out in a couple weeks. Po4 will drop too, but that has been easy enough to raise with dry food. My only export is a skimmer.

I definitely like the idea of both on a doser. If I over or undershoot my target nutrients...well if I'm in the ballpark, it should at least be a slow rise or fall. I tend to just wing it with feedings and while I've gotten pretty good at that, it's definitely led to some swings.
I feed normal twice a day but have always had low numbers. I don't run a skimmer on the tank because my ph stays good. Tank is in my living room which is an open floor plan so I guess that allows for less co2? Also, I don't have a ton of fish so my export isn't that much. I'm in the would rather dose to reach my levels group than have to fight to keep them down. In no way do I think the science behind it is better or worse but I like having what I feel likenis a little more control over it.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
the thing with po4 and no3 is that a lot of people will feed heavy to get them up- IMO this is not the best way to get them up because a lot of the food will get wasted and trapped into the rocks. Then in the rocks it will decay and rot and cause buildup and become a negative effect in the system. In order to not have this we feed very strict method where no food gets wasted. All the food goes into the fish bellies and not into the rocks for decay. We feed with american reef hpd and hang the food from a bag that the fish pick on. With the method we are able to keep the no3 and po4 at almost 0. we then dose it up to our desired levels using no3 and po4 additive. This then keeps the no3 and po4 up in a very clean way and then we can control the levels to where we want. With this method we have not needed to use GFO . carbon or UV sterilizer.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the thing with po4 and no3 is that a lot of people will feed heavy to get them up- IMO this is not the best way to get them up because a lot of the food will get wasted and trapped into the rocks. Then in the rocks it will decay and rot and cause buildup and become a negative effect in the system. In order to not have this we feed very strict method where no food gets wasted. All the food goes into the fish bellies and not into the rocks for decay. We feed with american reef hpd and hang the food from a bag that the fish pick on. With the method we are able to keep the no3 and po4 at almost 0. we then dose it up to our desired levels using no3 and po4 additive. This then keeps the no3 and po4 up in a very clean way and then we can control the levels to where we want. With this method we have not needed to use GFO . carbon or UV sterilizer.
mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I'm sure this is the cleanest way to do it but if you also get a few nassarius snails they breed like bunnies. I must have over 100 in my 20 gallon AIO and they do a great job of preventing waste.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back