*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does
Does kind of look like a bumblebee without the yellow tips. I'd say for the most part, unless what you got said "shaded" or "colored down", you'd probably not have to worry about bleaching. If they were shaded, some light acclimation may have to take place, but I'd assume all of these acros had high par to begin with, so unless you are running an LED and metal halide combo, I don't think you could burn them. High alk and low nutrients is another story though if combined with high lights.

You may also just have a "mystery mystery" acro that was mislabeled like the torch earlier, might just be something else than what it was supposed to be. If it has polyps out and seems happy, I'd leave it.
My torch was not mislabeled!

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a hairy potter as a mystery coral and hoping tong wet the colors out of it. I have it in about 250 par right now
200.gif

My Eyes Pain GIF

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread got me to use Chemiclean on my tank…. Never in a million years would I have thought I would do that!
Me too. BTW pohls korrallen zucht coral vitalizer is legit. Just a few drops a day and my PE has improved visually. Brs is selling it for 15% off right now.

Nothing to do with that but here's some happy SBB gonis

20230123_204341.jpg

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. BTW pohls korrallen zucht coral vitalizer is legit. Just a few drops a day and my PE has improved visually. Brs is selling it for 15% off right now.

Nothing to do with that but here's some happy SBB gonis

20230123_204341.jpg

Is polhs their version of aminos acids, or something else? Doesn’t really get too specific on the materials I saw.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is polhs their version of aminos acids, or something else? Doesn’t really get too specific on the materials I saw.
It doesn't..just called coral vitalizer with a description. I wouldn't trust it if it weren't for a few local guys that swear by it...so I tried it.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just bought the smallest bottle they had bc I was skeptical but will buy the next size up next time.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do you buy from Tongs alot? I made two trips from San Diego to get fish from there. First one was a longfin clownfish, which passed away after jumping out one night 8 months into my tank. Other trip was just passing through. They have good prices and cool stuff, but I'd definitely quarantine fish and their corals are really pricey.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you buy from Tongs alot? I made two trips from San Diego to get fish from there. First one was a longfin clownfish, which passed away after jumping out one night 8 months into my tank. Other trip was just passing through. They have good prices and cool stuff, but I'd definitely quarantine fish and their corals are really pricey.
Not so much anymore, they used to have a ton of cool mariculture/wild stuff years ago that was affordable, but now everything seems way overpriced for anything I really like. I think you can still find some hidden gems on their mariculture stuff if you spend enough time looking, but agree on the QT needs which is why I have mostly been trending to online vendors I trust just dipping. They do usually have a nice selection of fish though. I mostly use them (and most LFS) for food or random items these days, but will still check their livestock out.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back